Suspension A not-so-low lowering spring

I ran the H&R Super Sports with Tokico Illumina struts and shocks on my 93 Coupe and it was a really good ride and performed on the curves really well. The springs are supposed to lower the front 1.5” and the rear 1” but mine didn’t drop that much. I attribute that to the springs that I removed were stock and were used and I installed urethane top and bottom isolators on the front and bottom on the rear. I think the drop was more like 1” and 3/4” but again the old springs were worn.
My springs are very much original too.

Honestly the reviews for the H&R springs and old posts talking about them all praise them for how good they ride and preform. The only reason I was second guessing them is because of the 1.6" drop (as listed on LMR's website). It feels like a lot.

But another good point about the isolators... I am replacing them too and my engine does have aluminum heads and intake which will help with the weight some too and also help with the drop.

• Sponsors (?)

I DO want a minimal drop. Back when I was 17 I cut my stock springs and my 5.0 was SLAMMED lol. Terrible ride quality but I was young and dumb and didn't care. Now I am 36 and and feel like 1 inch is plenty.

However, I was forgetting about the isolators. Adding new ones of those will raise it up even if the new springs bring it down. That's a good point.
Ok kool yeah that's the only thing is you want a certain drop but the isolators might make it a little higher than you want it so you got a gauge that and make adjustments

I would take a guess that the pro-kit will likely give your least amount of drop and then you can “tune” it with isolator choices. (Poly, rubber or none)

Reactions: 1 users
I would take a guess that the pro-kit will likely give your least amount of drop and then you can “tune” it with isolator choices. (Poly, rubber or none)
Same applies to the rear as far as removing the iso and getting more dropped right? I have Poly's in the rear so I need to get a little more drop too

The eibach pro kit was the goto for years. I think at one point in my life every person I know had them. I'd say you are getting 1.5 inch drop out of them. I can't even remembee how many sets I help install.
Run new energy suspension isolators and my guess is that you will get a 1/4 inch back on any spring.
Still I'd just buy an H&R set

Last edited:
Same applies to the rear as far as removing the iso and getting more dropped right? I have Poly's in the rear so I need to get a little more drop too

Correct. Just an FYI, if you ever installed new rubber isos, they take a while to settle. So you might get an additional 1/4" drop from your initial install height after a few weeks.

Poly don't really settle. If they do it's negligible.

I ran no iso's on my Mach 1 springs and i didn't notice a difference in NVH.

Correct. Just an FYI, if you ever installed new rubber isos, they take a while to settle. So you might get an additional 1/4" drop from your initial install height after a few weeks.

Poly don't really settle. If they do it's negligible.

I ran no iso's on my Mach 1 springs and i didn't notice a difference in NVH.
cool sounds good. First chance I get I'll be removing them all

here is what I did and the cost back in '07 on the '99
still happy with this pairing, ride comfort was not drastically changed and drop was as expected ... around an inch

CodeItemQtyPriceTotal
00193Eibach Pro Kit Springs for 94-04 V8 Convertibles1$259.95$259.95
00096Steeda Caster Camber Plates for 94-041$189.95$189.95
00802Eibach Pro-Damper Kit for 94-04 V6 & V8
[Model Year:1999]
1$449.95$449.95
Sub Total:​
$899.85
Tax:​
$0.00
Shipping:​
$0.00
Grand Total:​
$899.85

Reactions: 1 user
here is what I did and the cost back in '07 on the '99
still happy with this pairing, ride comfort was not drastically changed and drop was as expected ... around an inch

CodeItemQtyPriceTotal
00193Eibach Pro Kit Springs for 94-04 V8 Convertibles1$259.95$259.95
00096Steeda Caster Camber Plates for 94-041$189.95$189.95
00802Eibach Pro-Damper Kit for 94-04 V6 & V8
[Model Year:1999]
1$449.95$449.95
Sub Total:​
$899.85
Tax:​
$0.00
Shipping:​
$0.00
Grand Total:​
$899.85
pics of the car?

1710180780342.jpeg

just took this ... I'm not really set-up for digital stuff

trying this out ... don't normally tread in the unknown (when I can help it)
Nobody gonna take my car
I'm gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
It's gonna break the speed of sound
Ooh, it's a killing machine
It's got everything
Like a driving power
Big fat tires and everything
I love it and I need it
I bleed it
Yeah, it's a wild hurricane
Alright, hold tight
I'm a highway star

Attachments

• DSC00361.JPG
    DSC00361.JPG
    802.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00357.JPG
    DSC00357.JPG
    797 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00358.JPG
    DSC00358.JPG
    817.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00359.JPG
    DSC00359.JPG
    787.8 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00360.JPG
    DSC00360.JPG
    752.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Thanks for all the info on this guys! Knowing that I am going to use poly isolators front and rear, top and bottom has eased my mind a little. all the input provided was extremely helpful!