A terrible dilemma

As it sounds ...but I guess terrible is a little over the top in the grand scheme of things.
A guy is interested in trading his 89 Conquest TSi for my vert. I think he is looking to try to come by sunday to have a better look. Im still not done with the top replacement but he seems ok with it. Ive told him everything about the car I always prefer to be upfront. Just based on the pictures I think I would be hard pressed to say no. This is all assuming that he wants my car but someone tell me if Im nuts.
1987gtragtop-albums-issue-picture6018-con4.jpg

1987gtragtop-albums-issue-picture6017-con3.jpg

1987gtragtop-albums-issue-picture6016-con2.jpg

1987gtragtop-albums-issue-picture6015-con1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

89 is actually a pretty rare car only 1900 built. the mitsu version the starion is even rarer with only about 80 made.

I have by no means committed to this but I figure its fun to explore options.

edit: I dont even know if the other guy really wants mine - he may just be exploring too.

I thought the starion was the european version?

Can they be fast without dropping a V8 in them? And what are your options for wheels? Those things are heeedayous.
yeah ive been researching a little bit. I seen them modded up to 375 horse but that costs $ to be reliable. Also have seen DSM swaps. Not sure the wheel options - 5 lug RWD 16x9 rear 16 x 8 front

Starion was the original and Chrysler tagged them as Conquest . Both sold in the US.

I've always liked the Conquest/Starion. I think you should thoroughly check out the car and drive it, then sit on it for a day and then decide. For the time, they were pretty unique and well-built, rear-drive sports cars. The '89 had a 12V 197 HP turbo motor, if I'm not mistaken, and as you said, is quite rare.

Obviously, posting your "dilemma" on a Mustang forum will give you biased results.

Do what makes you happy and to hell with everyone else's opinion.

I've always liked the Conquest/Starion. I think you should thoroughly check out the car and drive it, then sit on it for a day and then decide. For the time, they were pretty unique and well-built, rear-drive sports cars. The '89 had a 12V 197 HP turbo motor, if I'm not mistaken, and as you said, is quite rare.

Obviously, posting your "dilemma" on a Mustang forum will give you biased results.

Do what makes you happy and to hell with everyone else's opinion.

Yeah had I posted it on starquest.com the answers would have been entirely different

I for one would take him up on the deal. I've always liked those cars and came very close to buying one brand new back in the day after test driving one. Mustang verts are a dime a dozen while Conquests are rare... so if there isn't anything major wrong with it, trade him. You can always find another vert later, but you won't get an offer like this anytime soon. They are fun cars in stock form and have great potential to be modded... go for it.

I for one would take him up on the deal. I've always liked those cars and came very close to buying one brand new back in the day after test driving one. Mustang verts are a dime a dozen while Conquests are rare... so if there isn't anything major wrong with it, trade him. You can always find another vert later, but you won't get an offer like this anytime soon. They are fun cars in stock form and have great potential to be modded... go for it.

Nice TSi's are hard to find. I wanted one bad about ten years ago, but they are so hard to find, much less one that even looks close to that good. Of course this is easy for me to say since it isn't my car, and I don't care for verts. Best answer for me in your situation would be to trade him then go buy a nice coupe/hatch and have both. :D

I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow. He has my cell if he doesnt call then I'll assume he changed his mind.
I took the vert out and cleaned it up. The inside needed a good vac. The top isnt done yet so I put the frame down and booted it.
Looks pretty good and sounds good especially running thru a tunnel.
I do like the car but my ultimate goal is an SVO so maybe this is a stepping stone.