ABS, really need help!

OK, I've put this off for faaaaar too long. My ABS does not work. The light has been on for about.... 2 years. :bang:

I'm going to install Cobra brakes in the next few weeks, and I want them to work perfectly after I tighten that last lug nut...

What steps can be taken to diagnose the ABS system? I have already made sure the WSS in front are cleaned up (no grime, no metal shavings). I can't remember exactly, but how many ABS sensors do our cars have? I haven't had the rear wheels off in a while...

I really need to get this done, and any information would be appreciated! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

paperclip trick

I just used the ol paperclip trick. You pretty much get a paperclip and jump the anti-lock test connector. I think its the orange wire and black wire. But maybe someone can chime in with details. Car is off, key in ignition, hood up, paperclip hooked up, get inside turn the key to turn on accessories. the light should come on then start to blink. (blink blink blink, pause blink blink blink blink is a (34). Then you can use the diagnose codes to actually pin-point your problem. That is what I did. But yeah don't turn on the car, and the abs light has to be tripped in order for you to do this. This does the exact same thing the code reader does, but instead makes you the code reader lol. Good Luck man, but yeah find out what exact wires to jump first.

OK, I've put this off for faaaaar too long. My ABS does not work. The light has been on for about.... 2 years. :bang:

I'm going to install Cobra brakes in the next few weeks, and I want them to work perfectly after I tighten that last lug nut...

What steps can be taken to diagnose the ABS system? I have already made sure the WSS in front are cleaned up (no grime, no metal shavings). I can't remember exactly, but how many ABS sensors do our cars have? I haven't had the rear wheels off in a while...

I really need to get this done, and any information would be appreciated! :nice:

you going to take my springs off as well. :D

I dunno if this helps any but I had an ABS problem for a while. Turned out there was the ground wire that is under the right front that got pulled. Hooked it back up and no more problems. it was a pretty stupid location for a ground wire which was asking to be caught on something. (example, changing radiator fluid)

you going to take my springs off as well. :D

I dunno if this helps any but I had an ABS problem for a while. Turned out there was the ground wire that is under the right front that got pulled. Hooked it back up and no more problems. it was a pretty stupid location for a ground wire which was asking to be caught on something. (example, changing radiator fluid)

Im taking your springs off tonight! :nice: I'll get them shipped off Thursday morning.

I'll go check that ground wire once I get the car jacked up, it's too low to stick my head under.