Actually been to C&L now ...

nancegt350

Sep 22, 2006
Well after messing up my new C&L intakes MAF by using the wrong screws aparently, and after looking up C&L's website, I discovered they're only about 2.5 hours up the road from me. SOOoo... being the impatient Mustang owner I am, I decided to simply drive up there and exchange said MAF rather than waiting on Brenspeed to exchange it for me. Well, while there I had the pleasure of meeting the "L" of C&L, Lee - and let me tell you - nicest guy ever - and dam does he know his mustang! It was like getting a peak inside the mustang santa's workshop. I said all that to say this. I would highly recomend buying the C&L intake after talking to one of the men who designed it, alot of time and testing went in and I would trust anything they'd release for my mustang 110%. Infact, when I got home at 12:30 last night I installed it and my Brenspeed tune I'd so patiently been waiting to do - and wheeewww boy! Of course, it doesn't help that I live in Tuscaloosa, AL and it's been pouring rain for 2 days now ... but ... JEEESUS at the difference. Mine is an automatic - and it's a totally different car now. No throttle lag, shift points changed and firmed, and I averaged 24 MPG on my commute to Birmingham (60miles) this morning where I had been getting barely 20. Needless to say, I'm thrilled. Just thought I'd share my expierece with everyone.

OH BUT if anyone has any help to be offered...I installed IMCO Extreme Axle backs and they sound awesome! However ... I've got something vibrating (rattling) in what sounds like the back right of my car - I initially thought it was the spare tire tools - but no. Anyone else with these mufflers or perhaps some other exhaust hearing this noise? It's only at a certain tone level of the mufflers and I'm a little concerned it might be me not getting those dam band style clamps not tight enough. Any help is always appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I met Lee back in 2000 at Fun Ford Weekend in Dinwiddie, VA. At that time his red Stang(pictured)was running LOW 9's with a supercharged 306 with his custom intake manifold and custom CAI on 10.5's.

MeLeeBenderSep00.jpg