Adding new parts, got some questions!

forthesakeof

Jan 4, 2009
Hey! I'm ordering a Hurst Shifter, Ford Racing Limited Slip Differential, and new gears. If i order the new gears, should i get 3.73 or 4.10? Also, i read that if i install new gears, i should also install new bearings of over 30000 miles. i have 45000 miles, so i will do that. But, if i order the LSD, do i need new bearings? (asking because i dont know if the bearings are in the differential or not).

lastly, do any of these changes void my warranty? getting em done by a certified mechanic

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Depending on the dealer

The Hurst could void your transmission warranty (syncros and related parts),
the T-loc and gears your rear axle warranty.
If your worried about your warranty don't mod till it expires. :D

the hurst should not void the warrenty, some dealerships actually put them in some of their upgrade packages. just keep in mind the hurst shifter for the v6 rattles. as far as the gears, if you are going to drive this car on the street for a manual 3.73, for an auto 4.10. the gears will void the warrenty on your rear end. same with the lsd. adjusting the computer for the gear change can void warrenty on the computer. not too mention if the dealer ever reflashes or updates your computer you will have problems. when you change out the gears and add limitted slip, you should always replace all the bearings to be safe. you also might think about getting an 8.8 rear from newtakeoff. you can get them with the gears of your choice and t-lock. they are a direct bolt-in and perform great.