AFR at idle?

95opal

5 Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
I just started to get underway with the dattalogging and noticed that at idle the AFR is anywhere from 14.7 to 16.0. Is this normal or is it a bit lean? If lean should I be seeing a consistent 14.7 or something close to that? Any thoughts or suggestions welcome as this is all new to me.

• Sponsors (?)

Rich, mine floats between 14-16 too. I was actually going to post a thread with this very question. I think I have my car fixed (it appears to have been a bad connection between the eec tuner and EEC) and I just got done wiring up my innovate SSI-4, so I'm going to go for a ride now and do a little datalogging. I post back here with what I see/find with my datalogs.

Paul... Let me know what you find out as Im heading over to the shop to take the car out for some dattalogging runs. I was just worried that at idle it was a little lean.

I would say that should be fine Rich. A little lean on idle won't hurt anything, and if any thing it maybe better. I know when we raced snowmobiles we liked to set the idle a little rich. Different beast altogether but the theroy is the same.