After Failing Emissions????

I was talking to a police officer that had a hooked up mustang 2 years back and we were talking about emissions. He said if i have a motor that can't pass emissions i can tell the emissions people its a race car. You have to prove to them that it is a race car. Well i wasn't listen much after that because i thought he was full of BS. What do you guys think of that one?

Another thing we can do is get Show Car Insurance where the car is driven only 3,000 miles a year. That isn't bad if you know how to stop your clock. :D

If i have any trouble like that i'm just going to get that insurance. Does anyone know how they keep track of your miles on the car when you have that kind of insurance.

• Sponsors (?)

If you try to tell them its a race car your plates will be suspended and the car will have to be trailered.Been there done that.If you modify the daily driver you are setting yourself up for misery. And to Halcyn Dolour,Im here because I own a Mach1 and a 02 Z28.I like both sides of the fence.

The reason I know how the game works and got tired of playing it is because I had a 93 Cobra that was cammed ,blown ,exhaust and the EPA wouldnt let it on the street unless it was trailored.I only drove it during the summer.Now the guy who bought it has a 3100lb. paperweight in the garage due to the EPA.

To start off my stang isn't my daily driver.

I was thinking today at the emissions. If our cars can't pass with LTs lets say, what would have been the point of making/buying shorty H/X pipes with cats? If LTs can pass then they can pass no point in spending $399 for cats. I don't think the people would make them if they know when emissions comes no one with LTs would pass.

Holler do you have LTs on your car? Where do you live in chicago?

I have LT's, Mac Prochamber and Mac catback exhaust.. ie I have no cats.

I failed emissions (sniffer only) terribly last year, and the guys wanted me to fork over $450 CDN for a new mid-pipe with hi-flow truck cats on it (3" pipes required truck cats).

Anyway, long story short, I buy a 10 day trip permit whenever I want to drive the car. Lame solution, but I dont drive it that often.

I've heard of guys running on an 1/8th of a tank of 87 octane, and dumping in 5-6 quarts of methanol (a decantinated fuel I believe??) to burn super clean to pass sniffer..

I dunno.. looking for suggestions here.