Aftermarket Car Alarm

EH819

Nov 6, 2003
I am thinking about getting an aftermarket car alarm for my Mustang. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which kind I should look into? Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

it wasn't on a mustang, but on my other car I installed a "MICRO" car alarm. Cost about 75 bucks and I did the installation. worked pretty good, the only thing I didn't like about it was that the range didn't seem to be very far.

Just wondering why you would bother?
I thought all Stangs came with a built in alarm and the PATS key required to start the car.
In addition it is my observation that when a car alarm sounds no one bothers with it.
If someone really wants your Stang it is gone in almost any case.
Keep it locked, pocket the keys and save your money.
Just my thoughts!

Get the Viper Responder alarm. It's a high tech responding system that alerts you if your car is being tampered with. It's quite costly but trust me it's worth it. This alarm does so many neat things you wouldn't believe me until you see it. For example, one of the benefits that the alarm has is the transmitter. You're remote is like a computer with a LCD screen that shows a picture of your car. If you're car is being tampered with, a hammer shows up on your LCD remote and indicates a sensor 1 or sensor 2. Sensor 1 is an actual tamper sensor, sensor 2 is a motion detector. If someone hits your car, it ativates sensor 1 (Tamper). If someone is spying in or out your car and don't even have to touch it, it activate sensor 2 (Motion). You see all this on your remote with a range of up to half a mile. Man I think that is pretty neat. I also got it with the remote engine start. No more waiting for the car to warm up in the mornings. With the push of a button, I'm in the shower, getting ready for work and my car is ready to go. If you happen to forget that your car is on, no worries, it's programmed to turn off on it's own after so many mins. I'm set at 10 mins. I also got the modules that make the windows roll up & down also. On a hot day like today for example, with a push of a button I can roll my windows down so all the heat can get out while it's parked in the hot sun instead of going all the way to the car and roll them down. No worries about having anything stolen in the car because remember, it has the motion detector. I also have two kill switches. Knock on wood, but I think no one and I do mean no one can steal my car. Heck, I think the person that installed my alarm wouldn't be able to steal it if he wanted to. LOL. Sorry for a long reply but I thought that you should know.

Having a mustang is an VERY expensive investment, especially when you send all the money on mods and whatever else that we do to it. Why not protect our investment. It's the wise thing to do. The factory POS alarm that we have is like what I said, a P.O.S.

The stock "alarm" is just a ignition kill (PATS), I believe, which can be bypassed. You can still open up all the doors in all of 10seconds with a slimjim and take the radio in 2 sec with the ford radio "key" things.

I was actually pricing out alarms recently.
I can get the all out viper remote start/2way/ windows/ extra sirens/ battery backup for around $700 installed.
I can get a base viper for $280 installed.
I am probably going to get a non-remote start, non- two way remote Viper with about 2 piezo interior sirens, a battery backup, and possibly a strobe under the dash (the interior sirens and strobes make it nearly impossible to get under the dash for hotwire action, and are physically painful to your ears if you are in the car very long) :)

i mean sure get a alarm.. $100 - $1000 noise maker.. if its stolen good luck getting your car back..

just get a lojack system.. if.. its stolen atleast you can do somthing about it..

forgot to add.. with the lojack system youll get a discount on your insurance..

just my $0.02
Matt

... damn now I know what I'm up against.

The other day I was checking this black GT out.. I got about 1 foot near the car to look at the interior, then walk around it 4 feet away and all of the sudden the alarm went off...

I waited for it to stopped and check it out again lol.. this time it's 10 feet away..

p.s I have lojack as well..

Go with Lojack, I had an aftermarked alarm system on my LX and one day when I came home from work it was gone. The car was found three months later stripped. All the aftermarked alarms are good for is making noise.....