Air filter got soaked in the rain

semperfistang

Apr 5, 2005
today it was raining really hard and a friend was borrowing my car. he called me up asking whats wrong with my car so i told him to bring it to me...the air filter was soaking wet. it was all shrivled up from being sucked up the intake. have you guys had this problem? i took out the little rubber deal from te fender just before the filter. should it go back???

Jake

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like your friend tried fording(get it? ah) a river in your stang. I have my air silencer removed also, but I live in a state that has rain ALL THE TIME, and have never had this problem. Did you ask if they hit any huge puddles?

I've sucked water into my engine due to my low intake and believe me it isn't a pleasant experience. Just to be on the safe side, double check your spark plugs and put some dry gas in your gas tank to absorb any water that might have entered in through the intake so if there is any water it won't do any damage from the inside.

Mav

Water in your engine can be the end of it if its bad enough. That happened to me last time I went 4Wheelin in my other vehicle and it ran like crap cause of the water in the fuel. You can buy stuff called Heet at Walmart which works great.

Heet is basically the same thing as far as taking moisture out of your gas. I just don't understand how it was that bad unless the puddle was deep enough to reach your fender and this person kept driving through it.