Air hiss coming from engine

2013 Geee T

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Oak Park, CA
I'm starting to notice an air hissing sound coming from my engine when I start it in the morning. I can even hear it from inside the car. It sounds like its coming from around the plenum/throttle body area but I haven't tried to pinpoint it yet. If I give it gas it affects the sound. I'm pretty sure once it warms up it either goes away or is not as loud. It seems to be louder when its colder. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Any vacuum hoses disconnected? Check for punctures as well. As rubber heats up, it swells and could partially seal up the fissure. When it's cold, the gap is wider due to contraction of the material ==> louder sound.

If it is not the PCV hose or any other hose check the PCV valve itself. If that don't fix it try this.

WHILE IT"S MAKING THE NOISE

While holding the TB slightly open and unplug the IAC if the noise goes away then it is the IAC valve. they nornally don't make a hissing noise they make this strange air vibration noise I really can not describe

take a can of carb cleaner and while the car is running spray it around hoses and the unpper intake and stuff.do this all one thing at a time.if the idle changes you have found your leak.mine did the same thing.happened to be the unpper intake manifold.on the under side of it where it meets the throttlebody there was some sort of factory plug.that plug worked its way outon its own.try that