Air Horn Install

OlderGuy

Jan 2, 2004
Whitby, Canada
I love the sound of two tone air horns and want to install on my 1998 Mustang.

Has anyone ever done this install?

Fiamm air horn install, help needed. Here's a question for the electrical gurus:

(WARNING: I probably know just enough to get myself in trouble so be patient with me!)

I am installing a Fiamm air horn in my 98 Cobra.

The diagram with the horns requires me to use the existing wire from the factory horn switch into a relay (supplied).

I understand that this assumes the factory connection will be a lower voltage and that this wire is used only to switch the relay on to use a separate higher voltage connection (20 amp) that the compressor needs.

However, the Haynes Mustang manual that I have seems to describe that the factory horn already uses a relay setup (chapter 12 section 22). Does this mean I should just be able to use the existing wiring and just plug the compressor in and ground it?

Unfortunately the Haynes book does not contain the complete wiring diagram for the horn. It only shows a 10amp connection originating from fuse 8 (lt gr/yellow wire) as part of the keyless entry system. So I don't know what the final amp rating is out of the relay to the horn.

Also I need to know if the actual horn switch on the wheel is grounded or connected to positive (that's how Fiamm puts it).

Thanks.

Thanks for your tips!

• Sponsors (?)