Air Silencer Removal

Dave00GT

Aug 17, 2004
New Jersey
I'm going to remove my stock air silencer. Any benefits to that? I have the shaker kit, so I shouldn't really have much of a restriction on the intake side, but I'm going to take the silencer out anyway since its useless.

I'm heading to the track tonight for the first time, so any little thing I can do to possibly help my first few runs with the car I will. I'm going to take out the spare tire and all that stuff too. If I run anything higher then 14.3 I'm going to be pissed :mad:

Conditions tonight are going to be pretty good. Very cool temps with low humidity. Hopefully the track is prepped well too. I've been practicing launching here and there on the street and I've gotten really good and not spinning the tires on the launch. I've been working on slipping the clutch out quickly while laying into the gas pedal smoothly my practice launches have been very quick. Throw you're head back in the seat quick :D So if the track is prepped good, I should be able to launch even faster there. Rather then mash the gas through first and second, I've learned to caress the pedal to maximize power to the ground without slipage. Hope all goes well tonight. Will post up results.

• Sponsors (?)

Well we were supposed to leave at 6:00pm EST, but now its friggin rainin!! It was only supposed to be scattered light drizzle, 30% chance. Well its pouring outside now! Go figure!

Anyway I took the air silencer out and its loud under the hood. Feels like an animal under acceleration. I can't see how this car can only run 14s at 95 mph. I took off and once I shifted to 3rd I backed off, looked down, 75mph and I don't even think I drove an 1/8 of a mile. Weird because it feels so fast. Guess I'll have to wait for another day to run it. :(