Alarm Kill Switch Help!! Please URGENT!

mpagri

Dec 5, 2003
My alarm has always been a very upity but today the remote unlocker stopped working. the car auto locked n the light on the remote works n all, i changed the battery, but it just wont work. I need to disable/override the alarm somehow. its a prestige alarm, an older version on a 94' stang. i cant find a valet switch and i dont know how to just disconnect the alarm. the alarm is sittin in a parking lot and i need to go get it tonight to use it tommorow. please help me.
thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know man I tried unhooking as much of my alarm as I could get at, and the car wouldn't start. You can get in the car right? with the key? Unlock it, pop the hood, disconnect battery, wait a few and see if it will reset. I would think there would be some kind of valet button or switch somewhere.

Is this one of those alarms that disables the ignition when it's enabled? If not, you can just unplug the harness for it, which is under the steering wheel usually, to stop the annoying noise and the locking of the doors.

yea it kills the ignition. and yes i can get inside.

I cant find a valet switch anywhere. what would it look like? I checked arround the left side of drivers kicker panel. would it behind the panels n stuff? isnt there someway to just disconnect power to the alarm?

I cant try the battery reset right now. The prob is the car is in my school parking lot which is 20 min away. so i need to solve the porb n then go there n do it.

fastf50rd said:
I don't know man I tried unhooking as much of my alarm as I could get at, and the car wouldn't start. You can get in the car right? with the key? Unlock it, pop the hood, disconnect battery, wait a few and see if it will reset. I would think there would be some kind of valet button or switch somewhere.

did the battery trick work for you? Is there anything I can try and do with the transmitter, why it just stop transmitting or whatever. the lights turns on but no disable.