Alarm system

UPDATE:

The noise is NOT an alarm system. it IS the airbag module. I traced the lines from the white box, and they led directly to the temperature dial on the A/C face. I am very glad I didn't go ahead and cut anything (thanks JT). I took a video of the noise for you guys to confirm, and I'll host it as soon as I can get home to my high speed connection. I haven't done any research on the airbag system yet, but I will and I will update as I learn.

Is it possible there could be something unconnected somewhere?

Attached is a picture which shows three harnesses that are not connected. One of them is from when I took out the stupid dinger and threw it in the pond (I hate things that make repetitive noises). JT, do you know what these connections are for (the other two)?

Attachments

• Connections near SRS brain2.JPG
    Connections near SRS brain2.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Sponsors (?)

Ugghh, glad that has worked out so far. Nice job tracing before cutting.

I havent farted around with those connectors - never seen them before.

I might pull the codes first. See this site for info on doing so. That system can beep for some critical codes.
It takes 1 minute to yank codes so that's no biggie. Then see if you can correlate a code to the beeping.

At this point, that's all I'd know to do. Justin and the others can help more. :nice:

OMG THAT SOUNDS LIKE A ****ING BACK UP ALARM.

That is aggrivationg as hell, it hurt my ears with my headphones on. But i love that song. :nice:

My car has NEVER made that noise. So it is either something with the alarm or something else.
I say cut it out.

I'm pretty positive it's the stupid airbag module. Other people have reported the same annoying 5 beep sequence. My light doesn't come on though, so I doubt it would be throwing codes. I need to get one of those new code scanners, I'm tired of counting red lights.

i hear ya man.....after my turbo install i put up with that for about a month....i was gonna drive my car off a cliff.

My Fix. One day i was driving down the road and something in my head snapped. I pulled over and on the side of the road ripped into my car....found that damn white box behind the radio and tore the connector out. It hasent made any sound since.

Since, i have learnt that if you disconnect your airbag system by mistake...it will cause a trouble code....beeping. You can erase it with the connector beneath the glove box i hear.

I dont even think an EEC code reader will help with Airbag codes - just jump the connector under the dash and listen for beeps (IIRC). It's super easy (coming from one who also hates counting flashes).

Good luck.

GreenMustangGt said:
My Fix. One day i was driving down the road and something in my head snapped. I pulled over and on the side of the road ripped into my car....found that damn white box behind the radio and tore the connector out. It hasent made any sound since.

So are you saying the white box that I have pictured in the first photo is indeed what is responsible for the beeping?? I could have sworn the leads went to the temperature dial

I think green (is your name kyle?) is talking about the blue box behind the 460 amp. I think I tried disconnecting those harnesses but then the car wouldn't turn on :shrug:

I need a stethescope so that I can pinpoint this