Alignment/ tire questions

cobradude

Sep 24, 2007
Maryland
Hey everybody, I am fairly new to the forum and I have a question regarding handling characteristics of 35 series tires. I purchased the cobra a couple of months ago and it has 285/35/18's on the rear and 265/35/18's on the front. The car had been lowered with H&R springs, but it sat too low for my liking since it was always dragging the exhaust. (too many rough roads around here) I bought new stock springs from Ford, installed them myself, and took it to my local dealer for an alignment since I don't know of any other good alignment shops around here. The car handles well when on smooth, level roads and corners great. A lot of roads around here have a high crown in the middle or have been patched where they leave seams in old and new blacktop where the tires ride on. In these situations, the car sometimes pulls one way or the other depending on the slope of the pavement. Is this due to the low profile tires? I have never driven a car with low profile before. (Last high performance car was a 1970 Torino and ran L60-14's and F70-14's. Anybody remember those sizes? Fast car but miserable handling!) What tire pressure is recommended for these tires? Do you think there is still alignment issues? Any recommended caster/ camber specs besides factory settings? Thanks for any help!

• Sponsors (?)

Sometimes you can have tramlining(when the tires wanders and follows the road) happening when you have wide front tires and road crown.

I would go off the vehicle tire pressure, not the tires as it was designed for many different cars.