Already a transmission problem?

Blitz02GT

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2002
Texas
well, I took my car in for a new battery, (02GT 23,000 miles) and while they are fixing the battery, they find a leak in my radiator, so they fix that and we pick the car up. And my dad is driving it home on the highway and notices that it is jumpin in and out of gears, so he takes it back and explains the problem, and they had to open up the whole transmission and keep it over the weekend :mad: , It turns out that they found a burnt up belt, so basically my transmission was burning up. My car only has 23,000 miles on it, I don't drive it hard, and it already is having transmission problems, and a leak in the radiator? :notnice: Somethin tells me that me and Ford are gonna have some problems.

• Sponsors (?)

I feel your pain. My car has about 6K miles on it and 1st and 3rd gear is shot. Unless the car is at a complete stop it grinds going into 1st and just recently I had the same problem show up with 3rd. I could live with the 1st gear problem, but I obviously can't come to a complete stop while shifting into 3rd. Seeing all the posts here confirms that the tranny in these cars suck and Ford will do nothing to fix them. I am looking for a replacement with heavy duty internals so that I can beat on it at the track and not have any problems.

i used to be a lot porter at a ford dealership and we would rape any and every car. somtimes even a customers car from service. more than once we would see a car come in for repairs that we ****ed up
ie not using clutch.(even to put in first gear, driving around the lot in 5th gear(going like 15 mph) 5th to 2nd or third (1st if we had the guts) compression locks ha ha
good times

Blitz02GT said:
well, I took my car in for a new battery, (02GT 23,000 miles) and while they are fixing the battery, they find a leak in my radiator, so they fix that and we pick the car up. And my dad is driving it home on the highway and notices that it is jumpin in and out of gears, so he takes it back and explains the problem, and they had to open up the whole transmission and keep it over the weekend :mad: , It turns out that they found a burnt up belt, so basically my transmission was burning up. My car only has 23,000 miles on it, I don't drive it hard, and it already is having transmission problems, and a leak in the radiator? :notnice: Somethin tells me that me and Ford are gonna have some problems.

Is it an automatic?

you should get your fluid for the tranny changed every 20K miles. when it burns up and gets old, it causes the clutch plates to slip and the torque converter will shudder. you can get a higher pressure soleniod from www.levelten.com. that will help a lot and my best suggestion to keep the OD belt from burning up in the future is to get a kevlar belt installed. I got one put in mine but I think my car is about to burn through THAT one too!

After reading a previous post on another thread, I'm thinking that my transgo kit is to blame. It's not really a big problem but i've had that kit for over a year now and after about 5 months burned throught the factory OD band. Took it to AAMCO to get rebuilt with an overhaul. They replaced all the clutch plates and packs, new high pressure soleniod and OD band.

I burned through that band in about 2 months :( Took it back and they put the kevlar band in. Now this one is slippnig when in OD. DAMNIT!!! I'm thinking I'm just gonna get a Lentech manual valve body or level ten valve body and a new PI converter and a B&M tranny cooler.

Check out the tech articles on this site for lots of info.

www.tccoa.com

98yellowgtdropt said:
i used to be a lot porter at a ford dealership and we would rape any and every car. somtimes even a customers car from service. more than once we would see a car come in for repairs that we ****ed up
ie not using clutch.(even to put in first gear, driving around the lot in 5th gear(going like 15 mph) 5th to 2nd or third (1st if we had the guts) compression locks ha ha
good times

:jaw: :eek: :eek: OMG!...I'm not letting the dealer touch my car again!

thats funny the last time a tech had to drive my car to check somthing out, i go it back ticking. it still is and im just going to leave it that way F it. anyway i know this goes on, especially with mustangs. thats why im the type of customer that snoops around when they think im gone. not only that i like to show up at ford when they don't expect me to check my car. if i were to catch some **** like that going on i would try to crack someones head. ( the tech if i knew which one it was). i know i would get arrested and do some time, but i really don't care. also since i knew id be going to jail fo assult, why just hit the guy a couple of times. might as well hurt him a little bit break some bones, prob. do about the same amount of time either way. when i got out id sue fords balls off

ADRENLN said:
thats funny the last time a tech had to drive my car to check somthing out, i go it back ticking. it still is and im just going to leave it that way F it. anyway i know this goes on, especially with mustangs. thats why im the type of customer that snoops around when they think im gone. not only that i like to show up at ford when they don't expect me to check my car. if i were to catch some **** like that going on i would try to crack someones head. ( the tech if i knew which one it was). i know i would get arrested and do some time, but i really don't care. also since i knew id be going to jail fo assult, why just hit the guy a couple of times. might as well hurt him a little bit break some bones, prob. do about the same amount of time either way. when i got out id sue fords balls off

goof.gif
:lol:
goof.gif

Attachments

• goof.gif
    goof.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 103
  • goof.gif
    goof.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 124
98yellowgtdropt said:
i wasnt even a tech and i drove customers cars. i was only 18 when i had that job.

oh my god those where fun times. we even jumped a 5 speed explorer one time and almost crashed it on the storage lot. ha ha .

your a f#cking idiot man. I wouldn't want a f#ck like you within 10 feet of my Cobra.

My friend worked at a Ford dealership, and he told of similer stories, where they all f#cked with customers cars. It's just not right...

if i worked at a dealership i would prob. get on the cars in the lot a little too, but not any harder than i get on my own car. there is a difference between this and trying to trash the cars on purpose. and i prob. wouldn't touch a customers car cause its not right #1, and # 2 i know there other customers like me out there.