alternator

• Sponsors (?)

the cheapest thing i did was went to a local rebuilder and head hom make me one,it cost like 90 bucks,its not chrome,name brand or anythig,but i paited it and works great.if you go name nrand,expect to pay about 150+ for a Tuff Stuff,Powermaster etc.

Do the 3G 130Amp late model alternator swap. It is easy and WELL worth it.
They are plentiful and powerful. They came stock on many different vehicles.
95-96 Ford Windstar V6
94-96 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 V6 (non supercharged)
94-96 Mustang V6
94-95 Mustang 5.0L V8
as well as others.
They come with internal regulators so you can ditch the stock voltage regulator. Only a few wires to connect and easy bolt on.
I got mine from a Windstar in a junk yard for $29. I had AutoZone test it on their starter/alternator tester and it pulled over 150 Amps.

Do a search for 3G alternator on here as well as other sites. There are plenty of write ups.

If you want the good stuff and are willing to spend the dinero, checkout www.powermastermotorsports.com. I just ordered the Powermaster #277711 (130+amp, internal reg, 1 wire, 3G & polished) from Jegs. It's the same one featured in Mustang Monthly this month. Also checkout paperformance.com. You'll spend over $300 for those companies products but it will likely be the best and last alternator you'll buy for your stang.

FYI, stay away from chrome as they tend to retain heat which will eventually crap out your alternator.