Aluminum Driveshaft FTW

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
I put my aluminum driveshaft that I've had for a long while and woo hoo I love it. Really helped smooth out the drivetrain. Its the first thing I have put on my car in a LONG time so Im real happy. Cant wait to put on my bigger EGR spacer and freshly painted intake and valve covers to clean up my really dirty engine bay. I also have a new Cobra spec T-5 trans with a not gargly throw out bearing, and gotta install a much needed bump steer kit. Spring is here and I couldn't be happier!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Anybody else have any spring projects?

• Sponsors (?)

yeah! getting them new they come with new Ujoints, out of the box and on the car!

it seems like alot of cash but you have just do the swap. go from some vibration to the alum shaft and its money well spent.

im considering picking up a used a/d

i know this is probably a dumb question but does the aluminum one use the same u joints as the stock one

Funny you ask. The answer is yes. The driveshaft was originally for a 96+, different yoke. So I just took the yoke off my stock driveshaft and hoped that it would go on and yup, slid right onto the u joint.

Cant wait to get my car inspected so I can drive her out to school and really get a feel for the improvments I've made to my car lately.

BTW, I think my stock EGR spacer between my 70mm TB and Explorer intake is robbing me of some power..........idk. She should run real nice once I get the non man made upper intake gasket off that was restricting the lower intake too. Maybe an extra 15 hp with the addition of an adjustable fuel regulator an the egr an gasket or am i getting a little too excited? the warm weather is so motivating, and myrtle beach is only a few months away HAH.[/

yeah! getting them new they come with new Ujoints, out of the box and on the car!

it seems like alot of cash but you have just do the swap. go from some vibration to the alum shaft and its money well spent.

i just put new u joints in about 2 months and it took away a LOT of vibration

i really wished i would have bought it when it used to be 199....i also wish i would have bought those bullit rims w/ tires for 299 and converted to 5 lug:bang: oh well maybe when the 08s come out saleen will have them again

How long does it take to swap? I have one sitting in my garage. I thought I'd have time, last night...No dice! Did a bunch of other small stuff, instead.
What size socket did you use? Just so I can get a head start. LOL.

its the easiest part to change! 12mm boxed end wrench and thats it. kind of a pita cause you gotta hop out from under the car to set the e-brake to loosen/tighten the bolts. If you have an auto, I would suggest draining the atf, I spilled atf all under this car I was takin a rear out of in class last week cause I completely forgot about autos having ALOT more fluid than a stick car. oh btw, your going to love the difference the GT40s and e303 do to your car. we have the same mods except I have an exploder intake (basically the same thing).

It's a 12 point, 12mm socket or wrench... If using a wrench, it will be much easier with a breaker bar or using another wrench on the end for leverage. Also... Don't forget to loc-tite the bolts when reinstalling them.