another ebay find

• Sponsors (?)

GREENBIOCH said:
Don't do it, it can fry your motor. It tricks the computer into thinking it is getting more air then it actually is. It will mess your **** up bad.

Hey man, quick question if you don't mind. Would an aftermarket ECM from a company like JET run the same risk of frying my motor? :shrug: I've always wondered how is it that some chip is going to add the kind of power to my car that they claim it does without breaking something. Thanks.

Well, anytime you modify the ECM of your car, you run a slighter risk of things happening. With a Jet or Hyperchip or the other name brands, the risk is very small because those guys do tons and tons of research to figure the safest, yet fastest settings on the ECM. What these Ebayers do is find a quick little adjustment that likely wil hurt more tha.n help

[QUOTE='03 6-Speed]Well, anytime you modify the ECM of your car, you run a slighter risk of things happening. With a Jet or Hyperchip or the other name brands, the risk is very small because those guys do tons and tons of research to figure the safest, yet fastest settings on the ECM. What these Ebayers do is find a quick little adjustment that likely wil hurt more tha.n help[/QUOTE]

Yeah what he said!! ^^

General rule of thumb...If it sounds too good to be true(eg 20+ HP for cheap), it is crap!! You have to spend the money to make the car faster. You get what you pay for. Horsepower costs $$$!

These things are NO GO's for sure. DO NOT buy one. Even if they didn't hurt your engine, just go to Radio Shack and tell them you want an 80ohm resistor and walk out for like $0.40. I'm serious about this. Otherwise, buyer beware..........some how some way this can't be good for your car.