Another New Stang - '07

Rockman

Oct 16, 2006
Hi folks, another newbie here. My new Mustang finally arrived after 5 short weeks! I had already prepared myself to wait up to 8 or 9 weeks. But, to my surprise, it arrived Friday. Here's the specs:
Mustang GT - Vista Blue
- 18" polished Aluminum Wheels
- Interior upgrade package
- satin aluminum panel
- wheel locking kit
- sirius Sat radio
- Comfort group
- GT Appearance package
- Premier trim package

I previously had a Sonic Blue '03 GT. I really dig the new shade of blue in Vista Blue. That's really the blue color I wanted back in '03. The Vista Blue seems to be a truer blue without the hint of Neon that Sonic Blue has.

I'll have to say, the newer model Mustangs are quite a bit different than the 2004 (and back) models. I feel like I'm sitting in an airplane cockpit in the '07. Everything about the interior is different. It's pretty cool that you can change the display gauges to 1 of 125 different colors. The display info is pretty awesome too. Ford has definitely added a lot of luxurious options since 2003. I liked the way the 2005/2006 models looked but am glad I waited until 2007 to buy one with a hood scoop. To me, the scoop puts a finishing touch on the hood and sets it apart from all the other Mustangs here in the Florida panhandle. I'll try to post some pics later on.

I'm thinking about having the car striped. What do you think looks better with blue...white or gray metallic stripes? What's the best brand of stripes to use---Ford???

Cheers!

• Sponsors (?)

First of all welcome.

I have never owned a car that has generated the response that the 2007 GT Mustangs have. It has the retro look, but the technology that makes it so cool.

As for Sirius, I love it!!! I listen to channel 22 for music, Blue Collar comedy channel, and CNN Headline news.

If you want a trill, turn off the TCS and floor it, when you shift into second be prepaired. If it is raining, leave the TCS on, equally impressive.

Oh, by the way, did I say I love my 07 stang? Owning one has truely been a life changing experience for me. One a daily basis, I have people I dont even know telling me what a nice car I have.

Congrats and welcome Rockman!!!!! Great choice on the Vista Blue!!! Have you noticed when in certain light conditons it gives off a purplish hue??? I think that looks sweet. I have "My Color" set on 3 1 2 to get a sweet shade of purple. I love the fact that you can get in your car and change the panel lights to whatever strikes you at the moment. My salesman was telling me that when he worked for Pontiac that he had customers walk away from a deal when they couldn't stand the constant orange/red glow of their gauges...I set mine to that and yeah I can see why after a night or 2.

Overall I am impressed with the way the interior is done over my '00. The only thing that really gets to me is how far back they have the front seatbelts...I wanted to get an '07 for the comfort group package...both seats are powered plus heated...(I had a Passat with that and loved it), but bad credit and the 0/72 offer on the '06 was impossible to turn down. I did get the '07 engine cover however...looks very plain without it IMO.