Another Whats it worth thread. PICS MAJOR DUW!!!

mustangillusion

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2001
Oklahoma
Ive been building this 87 Mustang GT for about 7 months now. It needs paint and a few other things but overall its not in to bad of shape. The major thing with the car is the title. The guy I bought the car off of in kansas said that kansas law states that any vehicle titled not in drivable condition must be titled as salvaged. He may just be blowing smoke up my ass, but anyway he said that it had to be salvaged because he bought it without and engine. But I called the local tag agency and they told me that they could inspect the car and put it back on in good standing but the best they could do is give me a rebuilt title. Now about the car. Its an 87 GT that needs paint and has some slight surface rust in various spots on the car, None of the spots are larger than a quarter. The front bumper is peeling and the paint is knicked in various spots all over the car. Like I said this car needs paint. The interior has been completly removed and gone through. The Front Seats have been professionaly recovered and embroidered with the 5.0 logo in the headrests. These are some of the nicest seats I have ever seen. The padding on them is perfect. The rear seats are in good shape but they are a little dirty. I will try to clean them up before I sell the car. The carpet has been scrubed and put back in place. I have a set of brand new door panels for it from Late Model Restoration Supply that will be installed before being sold. It has power locks (needs actuators) and power windows, rear defrost, AND A WORKING ASH TRAY DOOR. It use to be a automatic car but I have converted it to a 5 speed and converted it to mass air as well. I have spent many many hours welding and smoothing the engine bay. I think its looks very nice but it was my very first time to do it. The bay has been painted vibrant red, to match the paint that I was going to do on the outside, but never got around to it. Now to the engine. It is an 89 roller 302 that has been bored and complely gone through. The only thing in the block that was not new was the crank. Bored .040 over stretching it out to 308cid. It has flattop forged pistons and an Crane cam (which is cranes version of the E303). It has Stock heads that have been ported and polished by racing products and machining. The also gasket matched the upper and lower intake. I have ceramic coated the upper intake, valve covers and oil pan to match the BBK 1 5/8" ceramic coated longtubes that it has. It also has an x-pipe and flowmasters dumped before the rear. It has a griffin heavy duty with 2 1" rows, electric fan and fan controller. I have upgraded the alt to a 120 unit from beavco as well as the associated wiring. The AC does not work. Everything maybe fine I just never tried to charge it. It has underdrive pullys, but I dont know what brand they are. The transmission and rear is stock as well as the suspension. Although it does have new shocks in the rear, and I have a HPM driveshaft safety loop that I will throw in. It has a 3" cowl hood I dont know the brand. It doenst fit very good at all. I have the original hood I will throw in but its pretty beat up. I just need to know what I should ask for price wise when selling this car locally. My wife and I are having a baby and I need anywhere from 3-4k to get some bills paid off before it gets here. Let me know what yall think. Please remember that these pics were taken before the car was completed..and some before I even started.

ebaystuff033.jpg

ebaystuff032.jpg

ebaystuff029.jpg

ebaystuff025.jpg

ebaystuff023.jpg

ebaystuff024.jpg

ebaystuff022.jpg

ebaystuff021.jpg

87Mustang5.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

ebaystuff036.jpg

ebaystuff035.jpg

ebaystuff028.jpg

ebaystuff027.jpg

87Mustang16.jpg

87Mustang13.jpg

Attachments

• ebaystuff033.jpg
    ebaystuff033.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 102
  • ebaystuff032.jpg
    ebaystuff032.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 88
  • ebaystuff029.jpg
    ebaystuff029.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 98
  • ebaystuff025.jpg
    ebaystuff025.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 113
  • ebaystuff023.jpg
    ebaystuff023.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 88
  • ebaystuff024.jpg
    ebaystuff024.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 109
  • ebaystuff022.jpg
    ebaystuff022.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 113
  • ebaystuff021.jpg
    ebaystuff021.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 93
  • 87Mustang5.jpg
    87Mustang5.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC01176.jpg
    DSC01176.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 101
  • ebaystuff036.jpg
    ebaystuff036.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 102
  • ebaystuff035.jpg
    ebaystuff035.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 105
  • ebaystuff028.jpg
    ebaystuff028.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 79
  • ebaystuff027.jpg
    ebaystuff027.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 87Mustang16.jpg
    87Mustang16.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 87Mustang13.jpg
    87Mustang13.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

How the hell would anyone give 3K for that car? The paint is all ****ed up on the front bumper, the engine looks like ****, the steering wheel looks like ****... the head rests look like ****.... I would say maybe 2K? 1500?

$ 2,200.00 If the vehicle had a clear title and it could be started and driven away from your garage without any “idle issues” . As it sit right now I say $1,500.00
But that’s just here in Houston the market here is saturated with spray paint and duct taped mustangs, that are more trouble than they are worth.
If I were you I would keep the car, put it together piece by piece and build yourself a nice car. Even if it takes a while to do it,

How the hell would anyone give 3K for that car? The paint is all ****ed up on the front bumper, the engine looks like ****, the steering wheel looks like ****... the head rests look like ****.... I would say maybe 2K? 1500?

:stupid:

On a side note, I'd like to vote that the next person that posts a "What's it worth" thread be immediately :ban: If you want to know what your car is worth go to eBay and search "completed auctions" for your year and model of car. Then you will have the best possible idea of what real people in the real world will pay for what you have. You can have 50 people on here tell you 50 different numbers of what they'd pay, yet you won't see even one of them pulling out their check book.

*steps off soap box and heads to the garage*