AntiTheft Device Cheap. But i dunno if 5.0 can use it...

• Sponsors (?)

that was the worst thing i have ever see, first of all he didnt use any fuses and second of all he put the switch right in the center of the dash, how obvious is that. whats the point?

Mustans have a fuel pump relay under the driver seat that you can do the same thing with, but you should use a fuse and hide the switch and the wiring and dont tell anybody where it is.

on my old gt i mounted the switch under the leather shift boot, so i only knew the area that i had to press to enable the swithc.

lol, well i think it a good idea. just mount the swith hidden....
about wiring to the fuel relay under the seat.....well i was thinking of that. but my 91 gt had a code for that fuel relay, and i went crazy looking for it, just to find it was missing,along with the inertia crap.....so i didnt know if it would be effetive.....and what fuse would i wire to it...

Follow this tech note for the best way to wire a fuel pump kill or anti-theft switch...

On 86- 91 cars the fuel pump relay is under the driver’s seat, 92 and later cars, the fuel pump relay is under the Mass air duct on the passenger fender well.

Make sure you use solder and shrink tubing on all connections. Extra wiring problems caused by poor workmanship are not fun to troubleshoot.

Note that the wire colors changed in 1991, so there are two different descriptions.

86-90 model cars:
Cut the red/black wire going to the fuel pump relay. Splice a 16 or 18 gauge wire into the wire and connect it to one side of the switch. Connect the other side of the switch to the other end of the red/black wire going to the fuel pump relay. When you are done the switch should be in the middle of the spliced red/black wire that goes to and comes from the fuel pump relay. Using the control side of the circuit allows you to use light gauge wire and light duty switches. There is less than 1 amp going through the circuit, so you don’t have to worry about voltage drop across the wiring depriving the fuel pump of electrical power.
See http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB..._us/0900823d/80/16/71/3c/0900823d8016713c.jsp for 79-88 model wiring diagrams.

91-93 model cars:
Cut the Lt Blue/Orange wire going to the fuel pump relay. Splice a 16 or 18 gauge wire into the wire and connect it to one side of the switch. Connect the other side of the switch to the other end of the Lt Blue/Orange wire going to the fuel pump relay. When you are done the switch should be in the middle of the spliced Lt Blue/Orange wire that goes to and comes from the fuel pump relay. Using the control side of the circuit allows you to use light gauge wire and light duty switches. There is less than 1 amp going through the circuit, so you don’t have to worry about voltage drop across the wiring depriving the fuel pump of electrical power.
See http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB..._us/0900823d/80/19/59/5a/0900823d8019595a.jsp for 89-93 model wiring diagrams.

i know where it is at....i just need to see a switch correctly wired to it....what kind of switch is good.....just a cheapy metal toggle......since i do not need a fuse or anything according to jrickher, and some 18 guage wire...so this will be like 5.00 total.

As for the the killing the fuel pump power...

My dad had a 91 SHO that he would kill the power to the fuel pump each day before going into work (works at the Ford assembly plant in Chicago, shady hood). It got stolen one day and the guy got about a mile away before the lines ran out of fuel. I really don't know how that happened cause you would think it would run out of fuel a few seconds after starting since there is no pressure. But either that or he pushed it a mile and then ditched it.

um yah,,,, can somebody make a diagram in ms paint or something.........

R/blackWire---18guage---switch----relay...??????im so lost....
there is a +._ side to the realy and switch, so if you only use the red/black wire to the 18guage to the switch????? or is it a red (1)and (2) black wire being two seperate wires........

As for the the killing the fuel pump power...

My dad had a 91 SHO that he would kill the power to the fuel pump each day before going into work (works at the Ford assembly plant in Chicago, shady hood). It got stolen one day and the guy got about a mile away before the lines ran out of fuel. I really don't know how that happened cause you would think it would run out of fuel a few seconds after starting since there is no pressure. But either that or he pushed it a mile and then ditched it.

no usually they will still run for amile or so. It depends on the car, how fast he is going and whatnot, but there will still be alittle fuel left in the lines, Mine would still run for alittle while then it would die shortly.

um yah,,,, can somebody make a diagram in ms paint or something.........

R/blackWire---18guage---switch----relay...??????im so lost....
there is a +._ side to the realy and switch, so if you only use the red/black wire to the 18guage to the switch????? or is it a red (1)and (2) black wire being two seperate wires........

No info about your car's model year, EFI or carb, no mods listed. Makes it hard to troubleshoot when we don't know what you have.

Therefore, no clue as to which wiring diagram you need. The wiring changed several times between 79 & 95.

That's why it is a good idea to use the sig under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good stangnetter and update you sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.

would this do the trick,no need for fuses,or anything
basic materials being wire,switch,connectors,possibly tape, and patience with tight work space(assuming the seat is still mounted)
93378881re7.th.png

Attachments

• 93378881re7.th.png
    93378881re7.th.png
    7 KB · Views: 62