Any inventor geniuses out there? Killer idea for Stangnet …

jrichker

StangNet's favorite TOOL
In Remembrance. Thank you for your contributions
Mar 10, 2000
Dublin GA
…Streaming video helmet video camera you wear while working on your Mustang. It would cost less than $30 and have great quality video. It would link to your open Stangnet post and the person who is viewing your post could see what you are seeing and hear what you are hearing. It would be better than YouTube because it would be live, bidirectional feed. It would allow real-time interaction between the person wearing the helmet video camera and the person posting a reply.

OK, now I have given someone a million dollar idea, so go perfect it…:D

• Sponsors (?)

Joe are you talking about a webcam chat? Or streaming videos while working on cars?

Say you create a post on how do you replace the TFI module. I check to see if you are online and if you are, I reply to your post with a request for live video feed. You reply back you are ready to go. You reply contains an icon that I click on to alert you to put on your helmet cam and get ready to go to work. When you are all set and ready to go, you push a button on the helmet cam and I see and hear what you see and hear. Live interactive feed, I can guide you through the process of replacing the TFI module.

Optionally, I can use the mouse on my computer to point things in the video feed that are important. Example: the annoying plastic clip that holds the TFI module wiring in place. I point at with my mouse and you see it on the screen of your computer.

I think someone could make some money off this idea, but I think it would be hard to find a good amount of reliable people to do it on a public forum. You may get people who tell you how to do it half way and then have to "take out the trash" then the person is stuck the car taken apart. Or people who really just dont know what their doing instructing someone else to do it. But, this would be a good idea if someone could hire certified mechanics and charge people to get that kind of help, could bring in some money I believe, but then you'd have to think about who would be held accountable if something goes wrong. Next thing you know you got someone wanting you to pay their bill to get it towed to a shop. Maybe I am over-thinking it haha.

I think someone could make some money off this idea, but I think it would be hard to find a good amount of reliable people to do it on a public forum. You may get people who tell you how to do it half way and then have to "take out the trash" then the person is stuck the car taken apart. Or people who really just dont know what their doing instructing someone else to do it. But, this would be a good idea if someone could hire certified mechanics and charge people to get that kind of help, could bring in some money I believe, but then you'd have to think about who would be held accountable if something goes wrong. Next thing you know you got someone wanting you to pay their bill to get it towed to a shop. Maybe I am over-thinking it haha.

Isn't that how Stangnet works? :shrug: Sometimes you get great advice and sometimes the Bozos pop out the woodwork like ants at a picnic.

The length of time that someone has been posting and their post count are useful clues, but even the best of us strike out from time to time. The helmet cam would tend to improve the batting average of most of us. We could see some of the details that don't translate into text or even voice.

The programmers of the vBulletin forums software first and foremost would need to be involved for any kind of add-ons, so that pretty much kills the idea as far as an all-inclusive web-chat/forums site.

The programmers of the vBulletin forums software first and foremost would need to be involved for any kind of add-ons, so that pretty much kills the idea as far as an all-inclusive web-chat/forums site.

If vBulletin could use it as a selling point to other web based forums, it would be a no-brainier. There are lots of forums that use vBulletin and if one forum had it and the others didn't, guess which one would have the most visitors/members? The one with video. The owners of the forum would profit from the increased traffic by selling more advertising. It's a win-win for everyone, and that is very rare these days.