any one running summit wheels?

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
anyone running any of the summit racing wheels? i havent seen much about them online since they came out and they are A LOT cheaper then a weld. only issue ive seen is they are casted and not forged

• Sponsors (?)

i have a set of the draglite knock offs, and a set of real draglites. there is a reason they are so much cheaper. Theyre much heavier (different mix of metals) and if you set them side by side, the difference is night and day. If thats the look you're going for and dont want to spend the money on Welds, then by all means go for it, but there really is a big difference.

how much heavier are we talking? need to be able to handle street driving and the track. going to run a 275/60 out back with a skinny in the front.

how much heavier are we talking? need to be able to handle street driving and the track. going to run a 275/60 out back with a skinny in the front.

i cant say an actual weight amount, but its a pretty noticable difference. Although i will say the jegs wheels will handle a pothole much better than the welds would as they are a heavier, harder wheel. so it really depends if the weight difference is an issue and how much street time compared to track time they will see.

i had a set of the draglite types on my 71 dodge dart a while back-they were a lot heavier than the welds and werent as nicely polished. also ony come with one bolt pattern so resale opportunity is lessened. other than that, had no balance issues or structural integrity issues. but i wasn't doing 2 ft wheelies either :rolleyes:

i had a set of the draglite types on my 71 dodge dart a while back-they were a lot heavier than the welds and werent as nicely polished. also ony come with one bolt pattern so resale opportunity is lessened. other than that, had no balance issues or structural integrity issues. but i wasn't doing 2 ft wheelies either :rolleyes:

good to know... thanks guys