Any power to be gained with 1.7's?

I've got an F-cam in my 306 and i was wondering if i put in 1.7 rockers if it i would have to get the pistons cut for the valve to clear, anyone done this? I've got stock forged pistons. About how much power could i gain from this, my intake valves are 2.02 and my exhaust are 1.60. What if i only put the 1.7's on the exhaust side? I make NO power below 2,700. So...any inputs would be nice. Just wondering if there was much power in this, if any...just curious.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

putting 1.7s on the exhaust side is a real good idea when doing a supercharger or nitrous. the reason that it is would be becasue the exahust would stay open longer to get those ehaust gases out of there faster!
there was a guy on here who did 1.7s over the stock rockers not too long ago and got an extra 8ish rwhp.

maybe the reason that you have no low end power (even with 3.73s...but the 4.10s will help that) is because that those heads might be a bit over matched for that setup. I am a fan of "bigger" parts, but it might be a bit too big.

what size throttle body?

I got a 75mm TB. Well, i hogged the heads out and the intake. When i said no power below 2,700, well the power starts coming on at about 2,300ish. And above 2,700 it pulls like a mule. I ran a 12.3 with street tires and a 1.8ish 60'. Im trying to make it to about mid-11's. Im trying to pick up HP here and there....as cheaply as possible. I got a friend with a set of 1.7's and he was wondering if i was interested in them, thats why i asked. I was mainly wondering if the 1.7's would create any piston/valve clearance issue's. The F cam has .512 lift. I have double springs so...i have more than enough valve control. I can rev freely to about 6,500ish without valve float. I got my rev-limit set at 6,200.

Well, sounds like your car is setup more like a race car than a street car. I'd just deal with the lack of low end, in fact that is what i do, so...