Any serious danger? Missing shifts?

Dbeck002

Apr 30, 2005
South florida
Ok i just started a post about my tranny getting ready to explode.

It causes me to miss the 1-2 shift, yes even the 1-2 shift is hard on this T-5 i am blessed with.

So the other day I missed a shift when launching from a dig. I saw the tach hit around 6+ and i am just worried if it could blow up the engine. What are my possibilities? Some people say nothing serious can happen, just revved it high for a split second isnt going to hurt anything. Or can something be serious?

• Sponsors (?)

the engine will be fine, it sux that the r's go up that high and not under load...there is a differece.

but i wouldn't sweat it too bad. you could float a valve and have it stuck open then it could break it, so don't do it a lot

yea it was just cold out yesterday and i didn't take much tims to warm mine up and i pulled out and floored it and let out and it stayed to the floor and bounced on the revlimiter quite a few times but thats what thats there for lol I'm hoping that doesn't hurt anything

fordguy87 said:
bounced on the revlimiter quite a few times but thats what thats there for lol I'm hoping that doesn't hurt anything

Keep doing it an you'll find out. Dont have ARP rod bolts? You'll definitely find out.

The rev limiter is there for this kind of thing, but if the transmission is that bad, then fix it. It sounds like beat blocker rings to me.