Any T-mobil users and others come in....(kinda long but not really).

Due to the recent issues I've been having with cingular I'm in the market for a new phone contract. So far it's between Verizon which has a plan that consist of 450 anytimes minutes free nights and week ends $39.99
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...viewPlanDetail&sortOption=priceSort&catId=323
Or T-mobil who has 600 anytime minutes and unlimited night/weekends for $39.99
http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/NationalRatePlanDetails.asp?PlanID=3222
Right now price per minutes T-mobil is ahead and there plan is for a 1 yr contract. While Verizons is for a 2 yr contract for less minutes for the same price but I'm stuck for 2 yrs.

Then there’s option 3 dropping my lines and joining with the g/f (cingular) and just paying the difference and get her military discount. The only reason I'm not jumping on this right away is cingular isn't helping resolve my problem at all. Problem being unknown #'s showing up eating away at my minutes. All they say is there lines are hacker proof there's no way it's being hacked/cloned. Those #'s are being made/received through your phone we can't help you. So as of 11:30 tonight I'm dropping them, so I'm looking for opinions/experience with Verizon and T-mobil users for the most part (mainly T-mobil). T-mobil has more bang for the buck but if there service sucks (dropped calls, static, no signal) I'd rather use Verizon. Keep in mind by Feb of 06' I'm going to be in South Carolina (Charleston) and T-modil seems to have a good signal in that area. Opinions and more importantly experience welcomed good or bad soooo lets here it.

• Sponsors (?)

I am totally happy with T-mobile. I have had them for 3 years running now. I always look for a cheaper deal every year, but Tmobile is by far the best bang for the buck. My plan is the 45.99, 1000 anytime and free nights and weekends. Pick up and consumer guide and read what they have to say and you will see Tmobile is number one.

yea i'd say about 90% of my friends and i all have verizon which is awesome because of the "IN" network....its HUGE for me because i have to split 1000 minutes a month with my parents and i use the fone a LOT....i only end up using maybe 50-100 minutes every month because of "IN".....i highly recommend verizon man....they are the top choice in service and quailty of calls in Consumer Reports in every major city for the last like 4 years.....that says something:nice:

I have Tmobile and love it. Service is great in most places (some places inside my work & the mountains but nobody has service where we go) and their customer sevice is good. I started off with 600 anytime minutes unlimited nights and weekends called them for something and they said well you qualify for an upgrade so i moved up to like 650 minutes called another time and the guy goes you qualify for an upgrade but you don't need it you don't use what you have i said what is it he said 1000 minutes I was like hook me up never know when I'll need them. so i have 1000 anytime mins, Unlimited nights and weekends for 39.99 a month as my basic plan then i added text and unlimited tmobile to tmobile cause my family all has tmoible after a while i upgraded to unlimited messages (unliminted any kind of message for 14.99 a month) worth it cause me and the gf text all the time and going over my limit cost more then the 14.99. Plus you get special deals like the upgraded minutes I've got upgraded phones my camera phone i got for 39.99 i think it was and its a hundred and some dollar phone. I've been late on bills and they txt you that your late and sometimes call and let you know of course they want you to pay over the phone but i always say i'll pay as soon as i get home i'll send it online and they say ok no problem

forgot about the lost phone and stuff too got mine taken at work called them up and they deactivated the sim card went to a store and picked up another one don't remember if i paid for that one or not. Had a spare line gave it to my 1 bro in law he stoped paying the bill so i called t-mobile said it was stolen and they cancled the line and gave me a new number at no charge went to a store and bought a new card and the phone was up and running before we walked out of the store

I have cingular and love it. Sprint, AT&T, Verizon all suck around where I live. I had Verizon for my first phone and could only get reception in a few places around town, couldnt call from inside buildings, houses, anything... I had to be outside. Sprint and Nextel is 50/50. My g/f has sprint and her phone will cut off sometimes. I havent had any problems with cingular at all and I've had them for over 2 years.

Another thing with verizon, I had free long distance, but I got charged roaming on all of the long distance call. WTF! I will NEVER go with verizon again. Because they were too stupid to put up a tower or whatever, EVERY call I made was roaming because I was out of the area when the verizon shop was right down the street :shrug:

Cingular > all

T-mobile, hands down. I have had cingular, and they suck balls, ever since they got with att they suck. Their customer service blows. Ever since I've had tmobile I haven't had a problem, our bill is consistent and only varrieds a few cents every month. Everytime I call their customer service line they speak actually english, and its awsome.

Derek

Sprint has the best coverage around here. Plus I travel and the network is just sick. I have a tri band phone that does analog and digital roaming on other carriers towers. My phone is a MP3 player, 1.3 MP camera (see my phone pics in my garage thread), camcorder, TV, High Speed Internet, mini SD slot (got a 1 GIG card in it now with Family Guy episodes and 50 MP3's) and a ton more.

I'm on the Fair and Flex shared plan. It works like this:

0-800 minutes $70
After that you pay $5 for 100 minute blocks.
At 1200 minutes it changes to $5 for 200 minute blocks.

NO $.40 OVERAGES! Verizon and the others feed on you going over your minutes.

I'm a former Nextel user and though DC is convienent you can't roam on there network. I was tired of the "No Service" on my screen.

I have had cingular tmobile and verizon.

I dont know how it is in other states but tmobilein florida is by far the worst of the three. Never could get decent reception etc. Have the same problem with cingular but not to the extent of tmobile.

Verizon is on a totally different level then cingular and tmobile. Always have max reception, quality phones, and good service. However it is more expensive then cingular and tmobile. This imo is the only downside of verizon.
They charge you for everything and my bills would never be on the target price of 40$ a month due to cell phone "taxes".

If you look at the coverage map verizon/ cingular have so much more coverage then tmobile.

Engel said:
If you look at the coverage map verizon/ cingular have so much more coverage then tmobile.
T-mobil has pretty good coverage in SC and since I'm heading there in less then two months it works out. After the the year contract is up me and the g/f switch to Verizon on her discount. So for now t-mobil offers more bang for the buck compared to the rest. With the recent issue with cingular I dougt I'll ever go back to them.