Forced Induction Anyone Boosting and Spraying Nitrous???

I'm entertaining the idea of getting another motor and building an MMR900 4.6. Bumping my boost up (probably just keep the eaton unless I find a bigger blower cheap), and adding like a 150-200 shot strictly for the track. Anybody running something similar? Thoughts? I'm calling my tuner Monday just wanted some opinions

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Yes, but a 150-200 shot seems like serious overkill.

I ran a 35 shot and 20psi of boost on my my 2.3 mustang. It really helped the car get off the line since the converter was a bit tight. I later on switched to a 75 shot, but didn't gain much over the 35 shot. With a small shot on a boosted car, it isn't unusual to see nearly double the advertised gain. My 2.3 went from 13.0s at 105mph on boost only to 12.2s at 111mph with the 35 shot.

A small shot of nitrous can make a huge difference on a boosted car, and I think it is in large part related to knocking down the temps of the intake charge. While you can gain a little more with a bigger shot, you'll see diminishing returns. I would say a 75-100 shot would work perfectly on your 4.6 build, assuming you could actually plant the power. Even my little 2.3 did 1.7-1.8 60' times with just boost and a 35 shot.

I have no intention of it being an off the line application. I'm figuring half track and engage it. Or even.run a controller and progressively dump it into the engine. My thoughts really werent about dropping air temp, but that would def be a bonus

I didnt think about intake temps either but that should mean you can add some more timing as well. adding a few gallons of race gas (at least 50/50 with pump gas) and you should be able to get away with 20-24 degrees of timing depending on intake temps.