Anyone else have problems with Nov 06 issue of MM&FF?

criticman

Sep 7, 2003
Rome, GA
I just bought MM&FF and was just doing a quick skim through it when I realized pages 67-98 are in the magazine twice AND pages 99-131 are completely missing! :shrug:

Has anyone else experienced this for this issue? Or did I get the one screwed up print job?

I emailed their customer service dept. I hope they get back to me and send me a new issue, b/c I feel cheated out of a chunk of the magazine!

• Sponsors (?)

yeah and mustangsunlimited is advertised in the index as mustang tuning. I am not gonna renew my subscription this time. It has turned to 99.9% ads and .04% articles*which aren't that interesting anyway) then the other .06% is towards advertising for mor ppl to advertise with them.

It was nice when they would feature nice 5.0s that someone that works a 9 to 5 built in there garage with what they had, and some ingenuity... Now its all 100K brand new cars that some trust fund baby dropped off at a shop and said "bolt on everything you can possibly put on it that will make my weiner bigger"

I am sick of this too. All you see are brand new cars with 100K pumped into them by some douchebag with a big wallet and they get all the awards. I would think the real car enthusiests (magazine guys) would see this and not award them crap. I just renewed my subscription a month ago and now I am regretting it... I remember now why I didn't renew years ago.

as i agree with lots of the complaints i happen to love this magazine. the tech articles in my opinion are far superior to the competitors. i like the new car road tests, and i see plenty of modified foxes. yes theres some people in here that obviously have way too much money and have a shop do all the work but hey, thats life. things i really dont like? yes its becoming a catalog. i also get sick of reading tech articles that are vague and seem to be jus publicity for a shop if anything. for years it was crazy horse racing/winter performance, then laroccas, now JPC racing seems to be gettin the ass kissing. another thing i dont like is they have some really great fox project cars but the updates are sporadic or never completed. they start one car, u try and follow it and next thing you know they are messing with a 96 gt. whatever came of hooligan hotrod? what about hot handler?i would love to see them keep up with project cars more consistently and id also like to see one big track thrash on all of them, where handling and acceleration is compared. that way when us stangers read about these cars we have an idea of what kind of performance to expect. another suggestion i have is when they review a part to really hammer on it and if it messes up i wanna hear about it. how many times have we all read about perfect installations and parts that worked flawlessly yet i read threads on the same product where people have had numerous problems. but to say this book is crap now and even compare it to modified mustangs, im not seein it. they have a great article on the eec computer in the nov issue, engine tests. the ford gt is gettin modified. oh yeah, my nov issue is fine.

Modified mustangs also uses a heavier more expensive stock and prints on better machines ( I sell press's)
What happened to you is that IDIOT who was working the bindery loaded up the binder wrong, every issue might be like this but probably only a few hundred

CALL and complain about there cheap crapy printing, I have 3 TIMEZ

as i agree with lots of the complaints i happen to love this magazine. the tech articles in my opinion are far superior to the competitors. i like the new car road tests, and i see plenty of modified foxes. yes theres some people in here that obviously have way too much money and have a shop do all the work but hey, thats life. things i really dont like? yes its becoming a catalog. i also get sick of reading tech articles that are vague and seem to be jus publicity for a shop if anything. for years it was crazy horse racing/winter performance, then laroccas, now JPC racing seems to be gettin the ass kissing. another thing i dont like is they have some really great fox project cars but the updates are sporadic or never completed. they start one car, u try and follow it and next thing you know they are messing with a 96 gt. whatever came of hooligan hotrod? what about hot handler?i would love to see them keep up with project cars more consistently and id also like to see one big track thrash on all of them, where handling and acceleration is compared. that way when us stangers read about these cars we have an idea of what kind of performance to expect. another suggestion i have is when they review a part to really hammer on it and if it messes up i wanna hear about it. how many times have we all read about perfect installations and parts that worked flawlessly yet i read threads on the same product where people have had numerous problems. but to say this book is crap now and even compare it to modified mustangs, im not seein it. they have a great article on the eec computer in the nov issue, engine tests. the ford gt is gettin modified. oh yeah, my nov issue is fine.

I bought the car like a year and half ago. The last issue on the car was June of 07. They never got the car in to the 9.s. I ended up just changeing a few things intake and t.b and some suspension stuff and went 9.94 @ 143.

I think 5.0 Mag should change to "05 Mag". Hell almost every article is about an 05+. Im not knockin the S197s, but Im just not into them like I am the 5.0s. Comparing a foxbody to a S197 is like apples to oranges. I think its time for a new magazine for S197s, and put the foxs back in the "5.0" mags.

Although I agree that that Fox's aren't getting as much exposure as they used to, can you really blame the magazines for moving on with the times? Sure, I guess they could do a few more owners rides features to keep the 5.0L guys happy, but there are only so many pages in a magazine and they've got to go with the money, right? With the recent rise in S197 popularity and quick explosion into the aftermarket, it only makes sense for them to cater to its needs more than that of the car that hasn't been made in 15-years. And as far as tech goes....I mean, how many times can they run the same throttle body and exhaust swaps before it becomes old news? :shrug:

I think 5.0 Mag should change to "05 Mag". Hell almost every article is about an 05+. Im not knockin the S197s, but Im just not into them like I am the 5.0s. Comparing a foxbody to a S197 is like apples to oranges. I think its time for a new magazine for S197s, and put the foxs back in the "5.0" mags.

+1 i had a subscription but it stopped being about 5.0's! thats ridiculous! thats the name of the ****ing magazine!!!!!

It was nice when they would feature nice 5.0s that someone that works a 9 to 5 built in there garage with what they had, and some ingenuity... Now its all 100K brand new cars that some trust fund baby dropped off at a shop and said "bolt on everything you can possibly put on it that will make my weiner bigger"

Wait a minute this is my car on the cover and the 5 page feature and it is a 5.0 and I built the car myself in my garage in my spare time, so MM&FF still does put these type of cars in the magazine still, as far as the weiner thing goes, I'm not goin there.:lol:

View attachment 354739

Well if you guys want to see more foxes in the magazines, get out there abd build magazine quality cars???

I for some reason don't have a subscription to any of them anymore, but will be getting one for all the mags, why not right?

yeah i'm not renewing my subscription to mm&ff either. it costs more than the other 2 mags and it doesn't have much fox exposure. i wasn't going to renew my 5.0 mag subscription either, but they offered me a year for 15 bucks so i had to do it. i'm gonna get modified mustangs soon though. :nice: