Anyone else seen this about Kenne B??

• Sponsors (?)

Dude... That's what I paid for my setup 20 years ago!

For a street Stang, I still say there is nothing better. It's no wonder why my current DD is a 6.2L with a PD blower.

Dude... That's what I paid for my setup 20 years ago!

For a street Stang, I still say there is nothing better. It's no wonder why my current DD is a 6.2L with a PD blower.
It is pricey but would you say in comparison to the V3 I would be getting the same bang for the buck or what are the pros/cons. Can one squeeze more boost out of it like say a centrifugal with a pulley change? Or is this unit limited to a certain amount. I guess in other words is one better than they other performance wise.

I'm confused on their intake manifokd selection. I have to specify cobra OR explorer? The lowers are the same. I'm confused on why GT40P is even an option here.

I've always loved the KBs. $4k is a lot of dough but now that it's available....hmm. I want one

It is pricey but would you say in comparison to the V3 I would be getting the same bang for the buck or what are the pros/cons. Can one squeeze more boost out of it like say a centrifugal with a pulley change? Or is this unit limited to a certain amount. I guess in other words is one better than they other performance wise.
Cons:
You will see more peak HP from a centrifugal
An approximately same sized centrifugal will get you down a 1/4 mile quicker providing suitable supporting mods/gearing
You can after-cool a centrifugal
Eats clutches
FW adjusters are now a beeoch

Pros:
Pretty simple install no worse than any centri IMO
Has to come off for virtually any engine work, even valve covers
Make boost right effin meow - This is where it shines. You will spend more time at elevated power levels on the street vs. a centri... period.
Part throttle, full throttle, doesn't matter. It's like a solid lifter big block.
You don't need gears

I'm confused on their intake manifokd selection. I have to specify cobra OR explorer? The lowers are the same. I'm confused on why GT40P is even an option here.
I've always loved the KBs. $4k is a lot of dough but now that it's available....hmm. I want one

One is EGR and the other is isn't. There's an extra hole in the center of the EGR version which IIRC was the Cobra version.

Reactions: 1 user
All superchargers have their sweet spot for efficiency. Centri blowers have a maxed out psi and so does the KB twin screw. My Kenne Bell, the flowzilla 2.1L, shines between 10-18psi. Some push more but then you need to deal with heat issues but that's what Meth is for regardless of Centri or Positive Displacement.

It's awesome that TPS got this going again, however, it'd be even better if they made an intercooled version of the Flowzilla 2.1L. I'm thinking of buying an extra discharge manifold to so I have an extra to hack up when I intercool mine.

Kenne Bells work awesome for street cars, I don't care about what's best on the track or what makes the most "peak" hp. The instant torque off idle and the overall power through all RPM's is amazing!

"Noobz347, post: 9111983, member: 168610"]Cons:
You will see more peak HP from a centrifugal (true)
An approximately same sized centrifugal will get you down a 1/4 mile quicker providing suitable supporting mods/gearing (for those that care about the track)
You can after-cool a centrifugal (you can do this with the Kenne Bell too although it's a lot more work and there is no kit, there is a detailed write up on how to)
Eats clutches
FW adjusters are now a beeoch (so very true! I now have to jack up my car to adjust the clutch, worth it though!)

Pros:
Pretty simple install no worse than any centri IMO
Has to come off for virtually any engine work, even valve covers
Make boost right effin meow - This is where it shines. You will spend more time at elevated power levels on the street vs. a centri... period.
Part throttle, full throttle, doesn't matter. It's like a solid lifter big block.
You don't need gears
No issues with fan clearance or radiator hoses

It's awesome that TPS got this going again, however, it'd be even better if they made an intercooled version of the Flowzilla 2.1L. I'm thinking of buying an extra discharge manifold to so I have an extra to hack up when I intercool mine.

Question, Why would you want to toss an intercooler and piping into the mix when you can simply install a jet and spray a mix of your choice?

Question, Why would you want to toss an intercooler and piping into the mix when you can simply install a jet and spray a mix of your choice?
I do like the idea of meth, heck, I have a ProMeth kit sitting on my work bench waiting to be installed. Meth has had mixed results on various combos from what I've researched. Some get better results than others. One thing is for sure, most people that intercool their push-rod Kenne Bell supercharged combo report running (at cruise and idle) about 10-15 degrees above ambient. That's pretty dang good. I've been driving lately in this cool spring weather, outside temps are about 50* and my IAT's are 120* while cruising. During the summer when it's 80-90* I'm cruising around at 150-160* IAT (intake air temperature). My car is setup to pull timing when IAT's hit 170* which means I'm losing HP. Meth will probably drop my IAT's about 40-50*. With an intercooler I can do more back to back to back romps in boost while keeping my IAT's in check and maybe I can spray less Meth while in boost.

I do like the idea of meth, heck, I have a ProMeth kit sitting on my work bench waiting to be installed. Meth has had mixed results on various combos from what I've researched. Some get better results than others. One thing is for sure, most people that intercool their push-rod Kenne Bell supercharged combo report running (at cruise and idle) about 10-15 degrees above ambient. That's pretty dang good. I've been driving lately in this cool spring weather, outside temps are about 50* and my IAT's are 120* while cruising. During the summer when it's 80-90* I'm cruising around at 150-160* IAT (intake air temperature). My car is setup to pull timing when IAT's hit 170* which means I'm losing HP. Meth will probably drop my IAT's about 40-50*. With an intercooler I can do more back to back to back romps in boost while keeping my IAT's in check and maybe I can spray less Meth while in boost.
Whaaaaaat was all that :O_o: