anyone elses gas mileage go down after installing off road pipe

• Sponsors (?)

those rear o2 sensors dont affect the AF ratio at all..only monitor emmissions so that is most likely not the problem..maybe a leak could contribute to it..mine already had an o/r midpipe so I cant help much..maybe you are gassing it more to hear the sound? hehe jk

Kilgore Trout said:
gas mileage? wat dat? :shrug:

My thoughts exactly!

You want to know about gas milage, my daily driver is a V10 gas Excursion. With the current gas prices I'm payin' about $105 to fill it up! :nonono:

Not really sure what the Mustang gets, I've never calculated it. But I would guess about 16?

Mychael101 said:
Man I just filled up today and average 25mpg. Gotta get my car tuned soon now that I hvae my LT's in! Good thing is that my mileage hasn't changed a bit.

lol something is wrong with your car, take it to the shop lol

Igndracer: What's the #39 in your sig. Do you have an anniversary model?

9646gt said:
those rear o2 sensors dont affect the AF ratio at all..only monitor emmissions so that is most likely not the problem..maybe a leak could contribute to it..mine already had an o/r midpipe so I cant help much..maybe you are gassing it more to hear the sound? hehe jk
I'm not so sure about that. When my check engine light was coming on because of my EGR valve, i got worse mileage when the light was on, about 235 mile per tank. But the light would go on and off all the time. When it was off i got about 265 miles per tank. Now that i cleaned the egr out and the light is off for good i get about 280 mph. Then again, the egr has to do with a/f i believe, so that could be the reason. Im just thinking maybe the extra airflow is causing his ecu to add fuel to the mixture. I mean im not trying to argue, im not an expert, just askin.....