anyone used the ford racing supercharger?

damongt

Oct 14, 2003
was wonderin if anyone has tried that ford racing supercharger. i was thinking of pickin it up cause its so cheap. comes with injectors, a pump, and a comp too. anyone else seen it?

• Sponsors (?)

I have heard about it...It only puts out roughly six pounds of boost. i have also been told that for the price it is a good deal, but it is not for someone who wants a balls to the wall street car, that it is more for someone who wants a cruiser that will respond when they want it to

I've been talking with Powered By Ford about the supercharger myself and they told me that it is a REALISTIC 50-60 h.p. increase. May not seem like too much but, we modders don't have much choice for small beans. He also told me that someone who just put it on a few months ago ran consistent 13.7-13.9 with exhaust and good launching. There is also a pulley upgrade for it.
I was told to stay away from modules because if you do go nitrous, supercharged, etc...you can't use them so you've blown a couple hundred for a paperweight. :nice:

Darrin said:
I've been talking with Powered By Ford about the supercharger myself and they told me that it is a REALISTIC 50-60 h.p. increase. May not seem like too much but, we modders don't have much choice for small beans. He also told me that someone who just put it on a few months ago ran consistent 13.7-13.9 with exhaust and good launching. There is also a pulley upgrade for it.

umm, the car ran 13.7 - 13.9 after an $1100 supercharger? I run that with a mac prochamber, k&n filter and magnaflows welded to the stock cat back, on street tires, with an automatic. :nonono:

also keep in mind that Ford Racing parts do not come with any kind of warranty if i remember correctly. Save a few more bucks, and get a vortech (warranty AND much better numbers).

UA2k1GT said:
umm, the car ran 13.7 - 13.9 after an $1100 supercharger? I run that with a mac prochamber, k&n filter and magnaflows welded to the stock cat back, on street tires, with an automatic. :nonono:

also keep in mind that Ford Racing parts do not come with any kind of warranty if i remember correctly. Save a few more bucks, and get a vortech (warranty AND much better numbers).
Or save a bit more and get a KB S/C Kit :hail2:

You guys are forgetting a few minor details here. He didnt say what year mustng was running 13.7 with the s/c. If it was a 96-98 the gain is going to be much more significant. 60 hp , for a 96 to 98 gt, isnt bad at all for 1100. The only other option for the same hp range would be a head swap, which runs around 1100 for the parts alone. I have noticed a slight gain with every mod I have done, and lowered my track times each time. If I add up the mods that have been done to my car, both the ones I have done, and the ones that were done when I got the car, it comes to about $950 for parts alone. Yet I bet Im still around 210 rwhp. So for the money, it doesnt seem like too bad of a mod for the 96 to 98 gt's. While it's true this supercharger wont put you up there with the big boys, for 1100 it will make you have a much more enjoyable ride.

Well from your numbers the ford supercharger is a better option than a headswap. Also the aftermarket s/c cost more. The ford racing is no inter/after cooler and the tune is on the safe side. It is all a matter of opinion. I did it to get rid of that pos plastic intake. Seriously though, for those of us who don't care to go to the track and like our drivers license intact, and cheap insurance it is a great supercharger. Do what you like, don't be so concerned about opionions, I am in the minority with this one and am very satisfied.