Anyone Using Aftermarket X Pipes In Cali

• Sponsors (?)

No aftermarket x-pipe or h-pipe will pass CA visual inspection. It *may* pass the sniffer with cats on it, but you won't pass the visual...so you fail. Easiest way around this is to change your pipe back a week before you have to get it smogged, then change back after the test.

wickedgt70 said:
No aftermarket x-pipe or h-pipe will pass CA visual inspection. It *may* pass the sniffer with cats on it, but you won't pass the visual...so you fail. Easiest way around this is to change your pipe back a week before you have to get it smogged, then change back after the test.
like he said! I have a bbk o/r x pipe. When I need to smog I will just swap them out. If you are going to get a new mid pipe, go off-road, better performance, sound, ans cheaper.

claytucc3 said:
I Want To Make Sure The X Pipe I Buy Will Pass The Cali Emissions. I Am Looking At The Slp One.
Hey, I have a magnaflow Catted X and it'll pass the sniffer, just not visual, but thats not a big problem because you can find numerous gas stations that will pass you based on sniffer.

-wade