anyway i can get 86 front GT on a 88

• Sponsors (?)

The lights shouldn't be much of a problem. I had the opposite of your situation, my 86 has a 93 interior from the original owner. Only the low-beams worked, I got connectors for the hi-beams from Advance Auto for under $5 total. I don't remember the exact wiring off the top of my head, but with a Haynes manual it was easy. Someone else can tell you for sure, but I think there are 3 wires into the 87-up lights. One is for the hi-beams. Just cut that, connect it to the positive hi-beam wire and ground the negative hi-beam wire. I think that's how I did it. I can drive with all 4 head lights on which is what I wanted. As for the front end, if you find a place that makes 'em let me know cuz I need one thanks to a deer!

they finally make the repro 86gt bumper cover, but it's almost $500 shipped to your door, and that does not include the headlight panel. You're better off finding an oem for cheaper.

FYI< the guys at foureyedpride.com will "may" help you with the conversion, which is not difficult at all (so long as they know you got the front end from a wrecker car) it mainly consists of the bumper cover, fender extensions, molding, a rear bumper cover if you want the mouldings to match, the inner steel front bumper, and short section of wiring harnes..

the hardest part to find is that front cover.

i've actually been stock piling them up, and have two of them from wrecking yards at my place. If you're interested, email me at [email protected] and we can talk. I have tons of feedback everywhere.