AOD----B&M Hammer Shift

• Sponsors (?)

Junk

In all honesty, they are at best a gimmick. The damn AOD doesn't care where you put the shifter it's going to do it's own thing. They are horrible to install (I've done two installs) and even worse to shift, so bad in fact that the first customer couldn't get it out of the garage and I ended up putting the stocker back in the next day. God forbid you're in a hurry to get any where, takes about six seperate motions to get it in drive, and it's worse going back to park. The fitment sucks, the cover will rattle, the boot and indicator barely work at best and don't hook up the reverse light or neutral safety because they won't work correctly with the cover on right and the indicator in the correct position. Plus after a week of driving it'll fall apart and the baseplate will come loose.

Jamie

Hmmm well I don't know where you guys bought yours.... But I got mine from summit. The install took about 2 hours, but was very straight forward. Its been on my 91GT for over a year now and still works awesome. Nothing has come loose and there are no vibrations. I have no trouble whatsoever getting it into drive, or back into park. And my reverse lights still work fine.

The shifter is basically for looks. You will not be able to shift any faster or harder with it. But I think it looks a hell of a lot better than the stock "sleeper" look IMO. If you like that kind of stuff, it is worth the time and $$. Atleast I think it was....

Two of my friends also have one in their AOD powered stangs and also have no problems at all. They both love theirs as well.

1990LXDropTop said:
Hmmm well I don't know where you guys bought yours.... But I got mine from summit. The install took about 2 hours, but was very straight forward. Its been on my 91GT for over a year now and still works awesome. Nothing has come loose and there are no vibrations. I have no trouble whatsoever getting it into drive, or back into park. And my reverse lights still work fine.

The shifter is basically for looks. You will not be able to shift any faster or harder with it. But I think it looks a hell of a lot better than the stock "sleeper" look IMO. If you like that kind of stuff, it is worth the time and $$. Atleast I think it was....

Two of my friends also have one in their AOD powered stangs and also have no problems at all. They both love theirs as well.
HMMM, OK, besides the good looks can you hold it in 2nd???

1BADCOBRAVERT said:
Mine also has worked flawlessly for over a year now.
I like the way it performs and looks.
OK guys,BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME<CAN YOU HOLD IT IN 2ND GEAR,yes I have a trans-go kit that would let me shift it into 3rd when I want to,BUT WILL THE SHIFTER ALLOW YOU TO HOLD IT IN 2ND GEAR WITHOUT DOING A 1-d-1 SHUFFLE??????????????????????????