SN95 AOD enabling 4th gear lockout?

I was perusing my swapped vehicle owners manual, a 1987 TBird, and I saw the OD button function on the shifter. I pulled the 5.0/AOD package for my 73, but I don’t remember seeing any button when I disassembled the car. Did the 87 AOD behind the 5.0 have the capability for that No OD feature? Thanks for the help.

P.S. I wasn’t sure where to post this; I had it posted on my 71-73 Mustangs site, but there was no interest in the question.

• Sponsors (?)

To my knowledge there is no OD button in any of the T-Birds. The center console shift selector from a 87-88 Sport 5.0 car should have P R N OD D 1. Shift selector in a Turbo Coupe 2.3ccar came with P R N OD D 2 1. Forum dedicated to the Fox T-Birds and Cougars is here:

To get 2nd gear to hold it was called the 1-D-1 shuffle. You start it out in 1 then upshift to D and then downshift to 1. The transmission will shift 2nd and hold it. To go to 3rd simply upshift into D.

Anyone jump in and correct me if I misspoke as it's literally been over 20 years since I have driven an AOD car.