AOD problem

zugsyn

Aug 15, 2005
Car dies when put in reverse and low I think its trying to go into 2 gears at once and was told It could be the filter fell off and is floating around in the pan is there truth to this if so when the mud dries up im gonna drop the pan

• Sponsors (?)

I doubt the filter fell off as its bolted onto the valve body. The only way it would stall the engine is if the converter was locked up somehow. None of the parts in the trans turn in gear while you're sitting still. The converter does all the slipping. I'd check to make sure the idle air solenoid is working. Mike

Well you can put it in drive and go down the road but it runs terrible but thank I'll look into the idle and stuff, it only stuff off in reverse and low it will sit and idle just fine in drive so I dont think its the torque converter. but I'll look into that stuff thank you, Ive never been in the transmition but I was on another forrum and they said the filter just kinda snapped on with an O ring.

On all the AOD's I've worked on the filter is bolted on. Mike

Yes, it is. But there is a gasket between the filter and valve body. Back when I didn't know anything, I had a shop do my trans flush and they "forgot" the filter gasket. Needless to say the trans slipped like crazy and I couldn't even drive period.

Was trying to tell the op ist NOT the trans...look into the engine