Are 19lb injectors enough?

Justin111

Nov 28, 2011
Hi,

I removed my engine out of my 89 mustang gt and to my suprise I was about 3 months out before spinning a bearing. I havn't had the car long less than a year.

So I stripped it to bare block and sent it out to the machine shop to have the following done and mods
done by myself:

Bored .30 over
Flat top pistons supposed to increase compression ratio
b303 cam
gt-40 heads off explorer
explorer upper and lower intake
1 5/8 unequal length shorties
2 1/2 inch off road h-pipe
2 1/2 pypes mufflers and tailpipes
65 mm throttle body
70 mm mass air
electric fan
smog pump removed

I have 19lb injectors out of a explorer that I want to use but I don't know if there up to par with the horsepower increase.

Also if someone could guess what the horsepower is too.

Thanks for your help

Justin

• Sponsors (?)

Its borderline personally, the 19's could work, worse case you run a little higher pressure to get the fuel up top. You could step up to 24lb with that combo if you want to recalibrate or replace the MAF.

I had close to the same set up as you except i didnt have the compression as you........I had ported GT40P heads and ported OEM 93 cobra intake and cam and laid out 301/318 to the wheels and had 19's. The dumb ass shop owner here decide to put in 24's and a new MAF for whatever reason,the guy i bought it from did fine for years on the 19's.So its iffy and everyone has their own opinion...24's wouldnt be a bad choice just to have for a little comfort.

I still run 19's on mine...tuner said the stock fp maxed out about 5300rpms on the dyno, so I swapped in a 255, but haven't been back on the dyno since...a/f ratio is dead nuts 12.8 right across the boards...but i think the 19's may be holding me back a little...don't bother with an adjustable regulator