Are the box intakes on the 87-90 mustangs the same as the square ones in turbocoupes?

• Sponsors (?)

They look the same, but they're not completely identical. I do know that the Mustang upper has a fitting on it for some kinda sensor (can't remember what) that the turbo coupe intake does not have, and the lowers are also different (Mustang lower does not have a couple fittings that the turbocoupe one does).

I'm assuming that you could probably use a mustang upper as long as you plugged that one fitting.

Yeah I can do that.... I gutted the upper intake with my sawzaw, and left it at my buddies house, I left it nice and thick in there and he thought he could take out a little more, and it got a little too thin and he went through on the bottom. HE DID, I DID NOT !! I was a little pissed but oh well....

CruzNlife1 said:
Yeah I can do that.... I gutted the upper intake with my sawzaw, and left it at my buddies house, I left it nice and thick in there and he thought he could take out a little more, and it got a little too thin and he went through on the bottom. HE DID, I DID NOT !! I was a little pissed but oh well....

lol oh my gosh....i thought i went to far...lol that intake has gotta be an 1 1/2 thick !