Are the box intakes on the 87-90 mustangs the same as the square ones in turbocoupes?

Discussion in '2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech' started by CruzNlife1, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. Title says it all. thanks !
  2. turbo coupes too my knowledge dont have square boxes, they use a oval shaped box with an old (looks like a mini carb) round style air filter, mind u this air box sits ontop of the VAM.
  3. no no no.... I could care less about that crap, I'm running a K&N On the VAM, I was talking about the upper intake manifold
  4. They look the same, but they're not completely identical. I do know that the Mustang upper has a fitting on it for some kinda sensor (can't remember what) that the turbo coupe intake does not have, and the lowers are also different (Mustang lower does not have a couple fittings that the turbocoupe one does).

    I'm assuming that you could probably use a mustang upper as long as you plugged that one fitting.
  5. Yeah I can do that.... I gutted the upper intake with my sawzaw, and left it at my buddies house, I left it nice and thick in there and he thought he could take out a little more, and it got a little too thin and he went through on the bottom. HE DID, I DID NOT !! I was a little pissed but oh well....
  6. lol oh my gosh....i thought i went to that intake has gotta be an 1 1/2 thick !