ARP Head Bolts

Where's the best place to get ARP head bolts and things for a head gasket swap? Also, on a bone stock motor that is going to get a head gasket repair and then be rebuilt later next year, would you just use Ford head bolts and then up grade later?+

• Sponsors (?)

agreed. I have used ARP head bolts on 3 different engines, they are a must and last forever. Summitracing.com is where I buy most of my stuff because they ship for free but charge 11 bucks for handling and prices are usually the lowest around, except for certain items.

Where's the best place to get ARP head bolts and things for a head gasket swap? Also, on a bone stock motor that is going to get a head gasket repair and then be rebuilt later next year, would you just use Ford head bolts and then up grade later?+

OEM head bolts are TTY (Torque to Yield) and are not reusable. Buy once. Buy the ARP bolts.

Something that hasn't come up yet is the effect of swapping from bolts to studs...

Bolts and Studs stress the block differently, and can have an impact on cylinder wall distortion.

How much will this impact ring sealing?
I'm not sure...

Most machinists will use the same fasteners for honing as will be used for final assembly...

just something to consider,
jason

Something that hasn't come up yet is the effect of swapping from bolts to studs...

Bolts and Studs stress the block differently, and can have an impact on cylinder wall distortion.

How much will this impact ring sealing?
I'm not sure...

Most machinists will use the same fasteners for honing as will be used for final assembly...

just something to consider,
jason

I believe I have read that from a builder at some point as well, good point.

However, I do not see that being a problem with this guys engine.

I personally did not have mine done that way, and I had no ring sealing issues.

Interesting point, never-the-less:nice: