Autometer gauge cluster

Steve Curry

May 1, 2005
Has anyone purchased, or seen the Autometer replacement gauge cluster for the Mustang? I saw it listed in the new Jegs catalog, and thought it was pretty neat; I've always liked the Autometer gauge styling.

I went to the Autometer web site, but didn't find any info on it.

• Sponsors (?)

I am using the above mentioned gauge cluster aswell. It is the Lunar series cluster. The neat thing is that I can now match my boost & fuel pressure gauge to the cluster.

The installation was a breeze and the looks sure make it worth the heavy price tag that it came with.

I paid $300 for the cluster, $75 for the boost gauge and $130 for the fuel pressure gauge. So the complete setup was around $550 shipped and installed.

It is the same cluster as the Roush cluster and there is a cheaper version featuring a horse on it that looks like the Denver Broncos logo.

Joe

Attachments

• avit.JPG
    avit.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 409
Was there anything tricky to the install? Was it just unplug the factory cluster, and plug in the Autometer cluster?

How easy is it to get the factory cluster out?

02mingreyconv, can you post a larger pic of your instrument cluster?

OH MAN! That Autometer setup is NICE!!!

Summit says they have them in stock for delivery (at least that what the web site says). Time to break out the credit card so I can get one before they're gone,...

Autometer cluster coming! They're pricey at $471, but in my opinion it is the best looking. And if am going to be looking at it everytime I'm in the car, it's worth the extra cost over the Simco unit (to me).

Oh, got me a K&N FIPK coming too,...

Let's see, what's left to get,..
Diablo Predator
FRPP 5300 B/C or F springs
Chrome 2000 Corbra R 17x9 wheels
Undecided brand cat-back system
'03-'04 Mach1 front spoiler

Steve Curry said:
Was there anything tricky to the install? Was it just unplug the factory cluster, and plug in the Autometer cluster?

How easy is it to get the factory cluster out?

02mingreyconv, can you post a larger pic of your instrument cluster?

here is mine with boost and fuel pressure in dash pod, it is a very easy install.

Attachments

• lunar guagessmall.jpg
    lunar guagessmall.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 207
Kurt2002 said:
plug and play, easy to install. I have had mine for 2yrs now and the only thing I have notice lately is that the rpm needle is choppy when you rev it up.

The install was easy. A couple of torx screws to remove, swap the electronics to the new cluster and put the cover back on. It took me probably less than an hour. All the instructions are (should be) included.

Joe