Autotragic can't do a burnout.

I had the same problem with mine when it was new. The so called best brain tech at the dealer could not locate the problem. Pissed me off big time. I loaded the Predator C&L tune in the car and it would start to show some power. After a while I went to a SCT-X2 from Lidio and car started making some power. The tune seemed to bypass the problem and car runs the thirteen's in the quarter. I would still like to know what the problem is because when I pull the tune out the no power returns. I have a 4:10 in it also. Maybe one of these days I will meet a smart tech that will locate the problem.

• Sponsors (?)

go see a good tuner in house, not over the internet for a "custom tune". There is no such thing as an internet based custom tune.

The stock tune of an automatic is weak but depending on your build date, some tunes can be weaker than others. 60 ft/lbs of torque can be found in the low rpm by simply turning off torque management, thats makes a big difference by itself. There is also a large enough delay that acts as a safety device to prevent possible damage to the drivetrain.

In other words, this issue is not a problem of Ford's, this is basically your own issue that is very much correctable by moving into the aftermarket.

-dan

I know this is kind of late, but i read this thread earlier today, and after work i took my gt out to my works parking lot and did a burnout, and my gt's straight up stock, tcs off, no aftermarket anything, and its automatic.

I can spin the tires with the TCS on. If I mash it from the light it'll spin so I'm pretty sure it'll do a burnout, though I haven't tried yet.

Curious about the Predator comment though. So with a Predator tune on your car, you can't use the toggle button to turn the TCS on or off any more?

The predator disabled the TCS completely. The small icon that shows no traction stays on in the instrument panel. This is an adjustable feature that is not setup as a default setting in the tuner. You have to change it in the options for the tune.

My car is auto and all I have is ford racing round body axle backs and I can spin them with no problem and I am begining to think my TC is a bunch of crap...It was raining the other day and just for fun stomped on the gas at a red light no braking invlovled and they spun until I let off...TC never engaged