back in the game...got some questions

shermie

Mar 30, 2005
I've been a member here for a while, but had to take a hiatus about 5 years ago because i had to get rid of my black 2000 gt. About 2 weeks ago i picked up an 02 gt in oxford white and i love it. There are a few issues though. It has cut factory springs and a horrible tire rub with my 315's. This will be fixed soon Sportlines, pro dampers, and mm cc plates are in the mail. Fenders will get rolled but that's not the main reason for this post.
I have what sounds like pressurized air being released from somewhere. It sounds like it is coming from the front of the car but i can't seem to pin point the area. I read on a different thread that someone was having the same issue but their throw out bearing was gone. My clutch feels fine but i still have that "hiss" every now and then. Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks
edit: just realized this was in talk, if someone will move it for me...

2 resize.jpg
4 resize.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Does the car do this with the clutch pressed all the way to the floor? If it still has this problem, you can rule out the throwout bearing.

My throwout bearing is going, it has a squeaking sound, and it goes away with the clutch pedal depressed.