Bama Drama

Lovejoy

Jerking And Popping
Jan 3, 2016
Illinois
Although I have backed up Bama tunes in the past I now regret it. Tunes were good before the upgrades but now the fuel pump will not stop priming on any tune. They are blaming the fuel pump even tho without chip in the car runs just fine. Just want my money's worth of performence, even if it is just a tiny difference. Is it possible the fuel pump can't handle the basically stock tunes or are they full of it?

• Sponsors (?)

I had one of their 4 Bank Eliminator chips. When it was switched to the Anti Theft mode, the fuel pump would run constantly but not in any of the other settings. It's possible yours is in anti theft mode? now I have a Moates chip tuned with a Moates Quarterhorse. Best tuned chip I have ever had period.

Not trying to beat you up, but I can't tell you how many times I've said avoid BAMA at all cost. They suck and and find any reason not to honor their "warranty". After you get tired of going back and forth with them, contact Chris Johnson at SCT for a tune. He's been in the game for over 25 years and knows these cars in and out.

Would I have to pay for tune tho? Started with cold air kit. Then i put on bigger tb (70 mm) upper and lower intake and bigger maf (76mm) and had retuned because they told me it needed it
Now they say that they didn't change anything and tunes are identical and I shouldn't have had it retuned. Idiots

Of course you would need to pay SCT- why would they work for free?

why do you need a tune just for a CAI, intake swap and larger MAF and TB? the answer is you don't. We are talking maybe a 25hp increase over stock. Pull the chip out, bump the timing up to 12-14 BTDC and consider this a learning lesson.

Well because I have more plans for the car. And I did pick up a tenth in the 8th with chip. But after retune doesn't work. But I agree 100% running more then a tenth faster than the car ever has now without chip so. Just a matter of making correct adjustments.