Barrett Jackson thoughts

RUSTYNUT

Mar 22, 2007
PDX
:)I watched alot of the auction thanks to the garbage on the rest of the chanels. It sure looks like prices have come back to reality. Most of the Shelby, hemi cudas, etc. had a real struggle getting to getting to 6 figures. Maybe in the months to come us real world guys will not have sellers think their '69 A code sportroof, shell, rustbuckets, are worth 20 grand because they just saw A Boss 302 sell for a million on TV.

• Sponsors (?)

I agree completely. I saw some pretty big dollar cars selling for MUCH less than last year. Sure, some cars were still in the stratosphere, but prices overall are down. I for one am sick of cars being treated as investments, and whisked away after the sale to be stored in a climate-controlled environment like a rare bottle of wine. I love my car and would hate to see it damaged, but I'd hate even more to be sitting on my death bed WISHING I'd driven it more.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I haven't driven it for a few months, but yesterday I went to a local car guy's funeral and the weather was nice, so I took my Mustang. I've never felt so happy to be alive in my life. Driving my baby is one of the things I live for, and I just don't understand the people who put money above life experiences.

I have never really like barrett jackson for that reason alone but I noticed the same thing the other night.

The only auction I wish I could have been there for was when they sold the monster garage cars. That peterbilt trike went for peanuts.

I saw alot of muscle cars that sold around 30 grand. They must have cost twice that to build. The Monster Garage stuff I would be scared to drive, but they usually have 50 grand in crate motors, trannies, disc brakes etc. The trike would get you noticed.

I saw alot of muscle cars that sold around 30 grand. They must have cost twice that to build. The Monster Garage stuff I would be scared to drive, but they usually have 50 grand in crate motors, trannies, disc brakes etc. The trike would get you noticed.

I know it.

They sold like half the cars they did on that show and not one made it over $10k.

I like the rat rod mentality anyways . . . homebuilt cars with anything laying around.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I haven't driven it for a few months, but yesterday I went to a local car guy's funeral and the weather was nice, so I took my Mustang. I've never felt so happy to be alive in my life. Driving my baby is one of the things I live for, and I just don't understand the people who put money above life experiences.

You are 100000000% right. I know this from experience and I am about 99.5% done with mine. I keep getting small hurdles on finishing it with failing health, but I am determined to finish this car. My plans are to drive it EVERYDAY and enjoy it. I know it will be nice, and worth everything I have gone through to finish it.

I need to update with new pics, but the interior is completely done and I only need a radio and some electric fan wiring and trans cooler re-routing... then its off to drive-land!!!

The only auction I wish I could have been there for was when they sold the monster garage cars. That peterbilt trike went for peanuts.
Were there Monster Garage cars auctioned at this year's BJ? I didn't see any, but didn't watch every day.

There were several that crossed the auction block last year at BJ and I was able to view most in person. They were pieces of junk IMHO. I had seen the build-up episodes on some of them and had no idea how cobbled together they really were until I was standing next to them.

I understand they're building in very quick timeframes, but I was very disappointed in the workmanship.

Were there Monster Garage cars auctioned at this year's BJ? I didn't see any, but didn't watch every day.

There were several that crossed the auction block last year at BJ and I was able to view most in person. They were pieces of junk IMHO. I had seen the build-up episodes on some of them and had no idea how cobbled together they really were until I was standing next to them.

I understand they're building in very quick timeframes, but I was very disappointed in the workmanship.

no, it was last year's.

I bet they were cobbled together . . . 6 days is faster than overhaulin with less people :D

Personally, I don't think any of the cars are worth what people pay for them on Barrett Jackson. I think they are worth about half of that. I do agree that it seems that prices have come down some.

I don't understand the whole park it and store it idea either. They are meant to be driven. I guess I could see it if it were a truely 1 of 1 type of car though.