Base price on a GT

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, I just saw another thing on MSN stating it is 18-30 grand for the 05.
I should have known that MSN never gets their stories straight.
The article about it both being under 20 grand is newer though.
I want a new GT and if it is going to be that low I will be able to get one.

02BlueGT said:
What is the base price for the new GT ('05)?
I have heard a while back that it was going to be under 20 grand.
I just saw this article on MSN:
http://autos.msn.com/advice/articles/previews/default.aspx?page=1&***=spring2005#top
It says both the V6 and GT will be under $20,000.
Is this true, has anyone placed an order, or heard something different?

We've been through this 100 times before, there will NOT be a V8 for under $20K.

The V6 will start under $20K

The GT will start under $25K and will top out just over $30K for a loaded Vert.

The Ford engineering manager for the 05 Stang exterior confirmed this when I spoke to him 2 days ago when I saw the 05.

351CJ said:
We've been through this 100 times before, there will NOT be a V8 for under $20K.

The V6 will start under $20K

The GT will start under $25K and will top out just over $30K for a loaded Vert.

The Ford engineering manager for the 05 Stang exterior confirmed this when I spoke to him 2 days ago when I saw the 05.

Thats right for pricing

My god.. let this thread die. First off, the GT never started off at around 28k... and heres some good advice: Want to know what current Mustangs go for? Go to Ford.com and look. Want to know what an 05 will cost? Go to Ford.com. Oh wait! There is no price for the 05 on Ford.com? Well, gee whiz... that must mean they haven't set a price yet! That must mean all the other sources are speculation. I would trust ford.com... use some common sense and you will know a GT will not cost less in 05 than a V6 does now... start at 20k.... my god....

This is the only GT that you'll be getting for under 20k (even though this pic is of a Cobra)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 151