Bassani Race Mufflers

• Sponsors (?)

delurker said:
Try a search. Lots of folks have them. Everybody seems to love 'em.

Ummmm I don't think so. I have the regular Bassani axlebacks installed in my car. These are definitely different. If you can't see the difference between the two mufflers you need to get your eyes checked.

Bassani axlebacks (that many people including myself have)

part 4605-5

Bassani Race

part 4605r-5

I got an SC on order an am hurting a little.. but I do want to improve the exhaust a little for the extra power that will be going in. But I need to do it the cheapest way. If the stock system is good as is what would be the best path to take? only do the X-pipe iteself and leave stock cats and mufflers as is.. or should I go with the X-pipe and maybe the slp loud mouth that will remove the mufflers completly? anyone know of the cheapest places to find these parts? Ebay suxs :( .. thanks

lostsoul said:
I got an SC on order an am hurting a little.. but I do want to improve the exhaust a little for the extra power that will be going in. But I need to do it the cheapest way. If the stock system is good as is what would be the best path to take? only do the X-pipe iteself and leave stock cats and mufflers as is.. or should I go with the X-pipe and maybe the slp loud mouth that will remove the mufflers completly? anyone know of the cheapest places to find these parts? Ebay suxs :( .. thanks

I'm doing the SC thing too, and I'm going to use Bassani mufflers (the "regular" stainless ones, not the race, I'm a moron or blind or something for not knowing about them). I'll do headers/H-Pipe later, after I recover from buying the SC.

For great prices, try Lightning Force Performance. They have the best prices and availability around, and great customer service. Mere hours after talking with Mark at LFP, the cans were on their way. They don't have all the 05 parts on their site yet, but they have them, just give 'em a call.

thanks for the info. delurker ... from what I have been hearing is that the stock setup is great and the most restrictive parts are the cats and mufflers. Thats why I was thinking of doing the slp for 250 and they will wipe out the mufflers and legal.. I think.. and then though in the x-pipe which it sounds like with the 5-piece kit that you can run with or without cats.. I think.. hahah.. I need more pictures.. haha I will call LFP monday and see what they charge..

lostsoul said:
thanks for the info. delurker ... from what I have been hearing is that the stock setup is great and the most restrictive parts are the cats and mufflers. Thats why I was thinking of doing the slp for 250 and they will wipe out the mufflers and legal.. I think.. and then though in the x-pipe which it sounds like with the 5-piece kit that you can run with or without cats.. I think.. hahah.. I need more pictures.. haha I will call LFP monday and see what they charge..

That is exactly what I am doing as well. I was originally going with Bassani all around but I thought that the SLPs were a steal since they are half the price, deleted the mufflers, and yes, they are legal. Then I can fix the cat problem a little by replacing them with the bassani system. My only worry is that it will be TOO loud. Does anyone have this setup or have heard this setup and can tell me if it is really obnoxious? If it is too loud then I might have to go a different route.

IT sounds solid to me.. instead of paying 600-800 for full axle back.. you get 220 for the slps and 220+ for the x-pipe.. and it will give more hp then jus the axle back alone.............. I think.. hahah.. gowd I suck =-/