BBFCM Not so fuzzy..........

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, Larry already took care of it for you. Monday morning, after a glorious week in the mountains of North Sand Diego County at Scout Camp; I walked out to the driveway, fired the old boy up and waited for the rattles to subside. Sounds like leakey lifters, but it's an OHC motor. Turns out that the 5.4 is an "interference-fit" motor. Until the aluminum heads heat up, there's the slightest amount of piston slap on the valves; which Ford says isn't a problem or a warranty issue :shrug:
Anyhow, while I'm sitting there; I notice that the truck seems a little "unbalanced"; low on one corner. Went out and looked; big bad freakin' flat! :bang: So, no tranny troubles please; I've already used up my one drive-time excuse for this week! :p

Ohhhhhhhhh, man! Am I in trouble! I was sitting on "the throne", catching up on this thread; when Sue walked in and asked to take my place. She sees your boredom-induced post right above this, and I start to explain by reading the posts to her. ( I thought I had already told her about this one... :shrug: )

I got to the part about the NG tube and "Horton" about the time she was getting a big drink from her cup of ice water...... Now I vaguely know what it looks like when I shoot beer out my nose; except I don't think a small ice chip has ever exited through my right nostril :eek:

Actually, we may all be in trouble....... she wants me to get our little Forum added to her MSN "Favorites" list. Can this place stand two slightly demented nurses?
(Hey, she likes living with me.... that indicates at least some stability issues)

Yup, now I've gotta set her up wit a screen name! Chelle, can I borrow your "trout-thwap" smiley? I have a feeling Mrs StDr is going to want to use it regularly....
Let's don't tell her about the "chair" smiley, okay?

Ooowwww!
Dammit StDr! Don't make me laugh so hard, I almost popped a staple!:nono:

My apologies to the Mrs., that couldn't have been too comfortable having a piece of ice shooting out her nose. Good thing she was a) not aimed at you and/or b) it didn't exit with enough velocity to strike you dead.....it would've confounded the CSIs for sure!:lol:

The good news is I am mending nicely. I saw my primary MD on Thursday, and I go to see the surgeon next Wednesday. I'm hoping we'll be able to cut back the home health nurse's visits ( wound treatments...the open portion of the incision gets irrigated and packed w/ wet-to-dry sterile gauze) to from twice a day to once a day....and NO my nurse is not cute, I have a male nurse assigned to my case.:( Wish I DID have a cute little hottie visiting.....at least then I'd have something to look forward to..........:shrug:

The surgeon was pleased w/ my progress. He pulled the remaining staples, but there is still the hole (~3cm long x 2cm deep) that gets irrigated and packed w/ iodoform (anti-bacterial) gauze strip once a day.
I'm still not allowed to drive.
Although I did the other night....Chief & his wife had me and a few others over for dinner one of the guys had too much to drink so I drove us home (his car). I may get :flame: for this, but the Ford Fusion is a peppy lil car!
Good thing none of the local PD were around...those damned mudslides really creep up on you!:lol:

Anyway......I go back in two weeks, but I'm still on the DL until after the incision is completely healed....probably another 4 weeks or so!:bang:

BTW....The fuzz they shaved for surgery is growing back and damn if it doesn't ITCH LIKE HELL!!!:eek:

Progress.......my incision is healing nicely, there is only a small open area left. To beat some of the boredom I'm walking up to the P.O. , local store and firehouse (the three are next to each other and form "downtown" East Marion) on a daily basis....~1mi. round trip, with a side trip to the farm stand (+1/2mi.) every two to three days for good measure.
I've also been walking over to the beach and checking out the scenery (lots and lots o' bikinis! :drool: ) and soaking my feet in the bay.
I'm hoping when I see the surgeon next week he'll say ok to me driving again and will allow me to return to work. It's no fun being broke!