BBK / Omnitek advance technologies t/b ???

H What 4.6

Jul 29, 2005
I bought whats supposed to be a BBK 75mm Throttle Body off of the classifieds over on Corral and recieved it today.... Im just a little confused ... It says "Omnitek Advanced Technologies" on it not BBK??.. Anybody know anything about it? Am I going to have to hop on a plane to go pay this guy a visit or what??

• Sponsors (?)

the craftsmanship seems grade A its just i was told i was purchasing a BBK ?...

I havent put it on yet since im waiting for my C & L plenum to arrive and will be doing my PI intake/cams swap at the same time :banana:

Awsome you will love the PI swap!

I looked up the company and they seem to be focused on reducing emessions. I would make sure that the TB isnt stock or smaller in size. Also make sure it will fit....they also seem to do alot of retrofitting as well. That could be some sortof TB for a random car that didnt come with EFI.

Or some sortof TB for converting the car to run on hydrogen lol.

blah.jpg

blahh.jpg

Awsome you will love the PI swap!

I looked up the company and they seem to be focused on reducing emessions. I would make sure that the TB isnt stock or smaller in size. Also make sure it will fit....they also seem to do alot of retrofitting as well. That could be some sortof TB for a random car that didnt come with EFI.

Or some sortof TB for converting the car to run on hydrogen lol.

Yea i cant wait to get the PI parts in....
Its def 75mm i measured it... and its def the correct t/b no retrofitting or anything... i paid for a BBK though wtf :shrug:

maybe hydrogen wouldnt be bad??? gas is getting expensive:rlaugh:

Sometimes companies like Roush will sell a bbk throttle body with the roush name on it and the summit brand tb looks like professional products tb, go figure. But that one looks like a professional products casting or one of the ebay ones that are about 70 bucks. I hope you didn't pay more than that for it.

So i sent the guy an e-mail saying the throttle body he sent me is not BBK and is some nkock off **** and im not paying the same price for it and asking how we can resolve this ...... he says back

"On the instructions and the parts list, it said 1- BBK Throttle Body. It's the exact same thing. They're the same throttle bodies. Put it on the car and tell me how you like it. "

So i sent the guy an e-mail saying the throttle body he sent me is not BBK and is some nkock off **** and im not paying the same price for it and asking how we can resolve this ...... he says back

"On the instructions and the parts list, it said 1- BBK Throttle Body. It's the exact same thing. They're the same throttle bodies. Put it on the car and tell me how you like it. "
Wow, what a douche. Sounds like he doesnt care now that hes got your cash.

I just checked around, and what you have there is a professional products throttle body knockoff.

here is a BBK throttle body.

mustangtuning_1994_256260683.jpg

and here is a PP throttle body (look familure? Especially the TPS area)

4083472.jpg

Id show him these pics of a BBK TB, and one of a professional products and demand a refund of some sort!

Tell him how much you like it and tell him you'd like it so much more if he'd shove that knock off p.o.s. up his @$$