Belt routing

• Sponsors (?)

I think there is a way to route that using the tensioner pulley as sort of an idler to keep the rotations right. I think I saw that somwhere...Let me look!

Yes check the search for " belt routing" and I think you will find what you seek!

GOOD LUCK! :nice:

as long as you have enough belt surface area on the pulley you shouldn't slip. I have no way to draw on this thing but if you route it with a string first you can find a good length.

I don't know if you read the search threads, but the one about the reverse tensioner the is on some of the Ford trucks migh be the way to go!

Find an early 80's Crown Vic cop car with a 351W in it and snag all the alternator brackets, W/P pulley and crank pulley. Buy a new water pump {for the 80's CV, standard rotation} and use a flat 6 rib belt in a non-serpentine routing. You get the strength and resistance to flying off of the grooved 6 rib belt in a clean package that does not require any stupid tensioners or serpentine routing. I am assuming you are making your car a street/stripper of drag only car. Keeping it simple and strong will serve you well! :)